Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X vs CTK

Hi! It's me again.

I would just like to know if there are any very significant advantages of the CTX line over the CTK line, specifically, CT-X3000 vs CTK-6250, and CT-X700 or 800 vs CTK-3500.

If there are any significant comparisons about their voices (organs, pianos, and strings, specifically) and their quality overall, I would be glad to note.

Regards,

Don

Hi Don.  There is a definite improvement in quality of tones on the CT-X series in every category.  DSP effects are much more powerful and have a richer quality on the CT-X series, which is one reason the sounds are improved. Another reason is the improved sound source overall, with a heavy helping of new samples that are longer and playing back at higher resolution than before.  It's really amazing the quality heard in the lowest price CT-X700.  Hope that helps shed some light on the subject!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's me again. First of all I'd like to wish you all good health as we conquer this freaking global pandemic that's ruining our lives.

I'm now kind of leaning towards the CT-X700 or CT-X800. What could I be missing over the CT-X3000?

Thanks in advance. Stay safe.

Don

• Like 1

Hi @DonTadeoINC,

By all means go for the Ct-X800 not the CT-X700. The pitchbend wheel and the possibility to use a USB stick to save/upload data to the CT-X800 are a no brainer.

That said, if you want something very portable and very easy to use, go for the CT-X800. On the other hand, if you want more functions, sounds and effects, or want to program your own rhythms, go for the CT-X3000. It is more powerful and more flexible.

I’d say that the CT-X800 is more targeted at beginners and the CT-X at geeks and power users. Both have great sounds and rhythms and are great fun to use.

By all means, if you can, go to a music shop nearby your home and try both.

Regards.

• Like 1

Yes. I would really want to try them both, but my local dealer only has a limited selection of keyboards, mostly Yamaha PSR-E series. Casio dealers are mostly in Metro Manila which, very unfortunately, is currently quarantined because CoVID-19 is rapidly spreading and the number of cases grow larger and larger every hour.

The only choice I have left is to order online, and even there, the CT-X3000 is rarely available; the CT-X800 moreso.

Thank you for the response, Vinciane. I hope you, and all of us here are doing well and best. This pandemic is beating up mankind real good.

• Like 1

Hi again,

This is a difficult question really. The CT-X700/800 is better than the PSR E363 soundwise. The E363 has some advantages, though:

-Better arpeggiator.

-Adjustability of the relative volumes of the Upper1 (Main), Upper2 (Dual) and Lower (Split) voices.

-Integrated digital audio interface. This means you can record the audio output of the E363 on a tablet or computer without the need of an external interface.

On the other hand, the CT-X700/800 has a better MIDI recorder (6 tracks vs. 2).

As for the build quality, I like the Keynes of the CT-X709/800 better but Yamaha is probably more durable (I have never heard of anyone having issues with a Yamaha, not quite so with Casio unfortunately).

As far as the styles/rhythms are concerned, the internal styles are better on the Casio than on the Yamaha but there are hundreds of external styles available for the E363, much less for the CT-X700.

I would probably go for the CT-X700 over the E363. If you are into organ, though, the choice is more difficult. The E363 has dome great organ sounds, esp. the Pipe and Chapel organ for classical music.

If you can afford a bit more, for about the same price as the CT-X3000, you might also consider the Yamaha PSR E463. With its Groove creator and rotative knobs, it has some interesting features for live playing.

If you cannot go in a music shop to try these keyboards for yourself, watch as many video reviews on YouTube as you can. This is what I did.

And please: guys. take care of yourself and your loved ones, take this pandemic seriously and by all means, stay at home if you can afford it. 

• Thanks 1

I have the Casio CT-X3000 and WK-7600. I believe that the CT-X is better, since the sounds are higher quality. There is more sounds on the WK, but the CT-X has some nice sounds that aren’t in the WK like a new category (accordions) and some new ethnic sounds, like an angklung and saluang, which I’ve been looking for on a keyboard for a while. Also, I’m not a fan of the modern pop/EDM styles on the CT-X, the oldies and world styles are more my thing.

Ok

Pianos and strings on CT-X are much better, while the WK has a drawbar organ function so it’s better at organs. Piano on the Casio sounds like it’s sampled from maybe a Roland keyboard too.

• Thanks 1