Video Files on Forum ×

No Sound

aaron koby

I recently purchased a Casio 560 from an auction. I got it dirt cheap.

After plugging it in and crossing my fingers, the touchscreen came on. The touchscreen does not respond well at all as i have seen similar problems in this forum.

There is no sound when i hit the keys. I have done everything the manual says and still nothing. Is there anything else i can try before i start dis-assembling looking for problems.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

17 hours ago, aaron koby said:

I recently purchased a Casio 560 from an auction. I got it dirt cheap.

13 hours ago, aaron koby said:

This is what I just found. Cracked. Assuming this could be the problem?  

35CAB552-E845-477E-AF43-CE823C145964.jpeg

I hope it was *really* cheap. Heck, I don't know how someone would break that, and I'd be concerned about other problems if you fix that part yourself.

Somebody dropped something on it from the top-or it got crushed from the top. If you put enough pressure on any of the 3 analog controls too-that board will break as well, I would look at that one since it is close to the volume button. Of course this major damage will need a new board and will cause no volume. And yes, I would check to see what else may be damaged-this break took some major impact to crack in half like that. and unless you are really skilled in repairing IC and control boards, Casio repair may be your only option unless you can get this exact replacement part and install it yourself. Keyboard Kountry is good, I've gotten a part or 2 from them, but a specialized part like this in a newer Casio-I'd try Casio Tech support.