Video Files on Forum ×

MIDI SEND PROBLEM

Dcalce

I have a TC Helicon Perform VK connected to my MZ-X500 via Midi cable. Everything was working great until I noticed that every time I change bank numbers it turned off my reverb. And it wasn’t a simple matter to turn it back on. I had turn turn the reverb knob through all the rooms and ranges to get the reverb back again. Which means I would have to set the reverb for every song. Changing presets doesn’t bring it back. And on one bank number it actually changes back to an unset reverb. The Harmony and Echo are not affected. I know this must be a MIDI send command but I don’t know how to stop it.  I have reverb through my mixer but the reverb on the VK is really exceptional and I lose the convenience of the controls at my finger tips. Any help would be appreciated. 

I'm not familiar with that vocal processor, but I have some general ideas that applies to any MIDI device.  Firstly, it will be up to the vocal processor (or add-on filter) to filter out any unwanted incoming messages, like bank and program change data.  Something in that extra data is causing the settings to change in the processor.  You might try looking into what MIDI receive settings (filters) are available in the processor itself.  It might have a filter for it. If the processor itself can't do it, an add-on MIDI filter can be used, like the MIDI Solutions event processor.  The MZX itself will always send bank and program change messages when registrations and tones are changed.  Unfortunately that can't be changed in the keyboard itself.  

Have you tried the TC Helicon Support site?

https://www.tc-helicon.com/brand/tchelicon/support#googtrans(en|en)

Also, there are quite a few members, over on the General Arranger Keyboard Forum, who have used TC Helicon products professionally for the past decade or so, and who might be able to help you:

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/37/1/General_Arranger_Keyboard_Foru

Thanks yes.  I have filed a problem report with tech support but I’m not sure anything will be done if it turns out to be an isolated problem for just a few keyboard models. Even if they decide to fix the problem it will have to be a firmware update and they will wait until they have other issues that need attention. It may be as Brad said that I will have to get a MIDI event processor. Down side is they are in the $120 to $150 range and that is practically what I paid for the voice processor. I will say that this Perform VK is the easiest, overall best sounding and (because of the the mic stand attachment) most convenient vocal processor I’ve ever used.