Video Files on Forum ×

Casio Fz 1 Questions

djkratz

Hey Casio Heads

1. How can i setup the Fz that samples cut each other. Like the kick mute the snare.

2. How can i change the Fz that the snare  or other sample play out what is one shot in mpc or decay in other samplers

best greets from germany

Simon

I have an FZ-20M, the last of the line rack mount version of the FZ.

I've been meaning to dive in and get using it, as they are indeed awesome and unique sounding synths/ samplers from that late 80's golden age. However, too many other projects have been taking up my time. One day I will get working with that 80's sampling beast and get it roaring again.

Unlike more recent Casio manuals, the FZ came with quite a comprehensive manual that went into detail showing all its features and functions, plus how to use them. Here's a link for where you can download the manual in PDF format.

http://www.synthmanuals.com/manuals/casio/fz-1/owners_manual/casio_fz-1_owners_manual.pdf

Pic below of my FZ-20M. It is definitely on my list to explore and use in my music in the near future!

Casio FZ-20M.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

How was it the FZ was capable to make new waveform by drawing them it seems a powerful tool for an keyboard. 

I'm asking this because there are now plugins that let you draw you're own waveform and I've taken notice of the FZ

that was light years ahead making that possible how come we've never seen such powerful feature return in an age 

and time in keyboards where they have more cpu power , storage and memory to accomplish that.

• 9 months later...
On 4/19/2020 at 7:30 AM, XW-Addict said:

How was it the FZ was capable to make new waveform by drawing them it seems a powerful tool for an keyboard. 

I'm asking this because there are now plugins that let you draw you're own waveform and I've taken notice of the FZ

that was light years ahead making that possible how come we've never seen such powerful feature return in an age 

and time in keyboards where they have more cpu power , storage and memory to accomplish that.

Yes sir! Did you know the FZ1 also has a built in ROM based Synth!? This keyboard IS the gift that keeps on giving..