Video Files on Forum ×

Brand new PX-770, sound glitch on one key:(

Unpacked & assembled my new PX770 today (& unwisely cutting up all the boxing to fit in the recycle bin *before* trying the keyboard, doh!).

Found one bass G# (the one below C3) will get suddenly LOUD and electronic/buzzy- but still on pitch- if I play it more than once in a measure:(

Now, after trying to take a video of it and playing the note a few dozen more times, it's no longer going Loud & bright, it plays normally but with a distinct clacking sound!

So is this a hardward issue maybe?

I bought it through Amazon, never guessing I'd have any issues bc my last Privia worked perfectly for over a decade with no issues at all.

Has anyone seen/heard this before?  Any fixes?  Or ideas of who to contact?   I'm at a loss and couldn't be more disappointed (after lugging the

whole console & keyboard up a 3rd floor walk-up apt & putting it all together & destroying the shipping packaging.   #feelingdumb

To my ears, this sounds pretty wrong compared to all the Privias I've played. sounds like something wrong mechanically-does the entire keyboard make that kind of mechanical noise? This is certainly not right at all. And it obviously caused the one note to not work properly. almost sounds like there is a broken part or something inside under the keys causing this loud clicking noise. If there is any way to get warranty service-IMO it sounds like it is a major defect with the keys. Or if you can ship it back to the vendor somehow get a box to pack it to ship back. If you have any music stores near you-they may have keyboard boxes they are throwing out-otherwise you may have to buy a box-there are companies online that sell large boxes like this for shipping guitars and keyboards-I just bought 3 but cost some money.  One such company is called "Uline" a professional supply company for commercial shipping. I found shipping boxes through the "Reverb" website I recall. Most shipping stores do not have boxes this large unfortunately. Although a UPS store might, with this pandemic I don't know if you will be able to find one that can accomodate walk-in business. Here in PA, at least in Pike county and in many other counties we are under strict quarantine now-only essential business and travelling is allowed.

• Like 1

I would contact Casio Support as this would clearly be an under warranty repair. It sounds as if the mechanism is damaged. It actually sounds a bit like it's rubbing along a spring which may have come loose, but that's pure guesswork. Casio's support will be able to advise you what options are available. (Your packaging issue is why I tend to hoard cardboard boxes for expensive kit).

If you talk to a call centre, having worked in one I would advise two things; firstly, don't do the angry customer thing as it gets you nowhere and secondly, if the person you are talking to is unsympathetic, politely ring off and then ring back, you'll probably get somebody better.

Once you/we know what options Casio offer you, we can discuss what the best thing to do is.

• Like 1

update:  Casio Support Center sent me the contact to the closest casio repair center (~20 miles away).   I called the little shop & they aren't even taking calls right now, overwhelmed during the virus shut-down out here, but said to leave an email with the details-  which I did.   So now I guess I just wait and see if they contact me in the coming weeks...   (luckily i can still play and teach online with this keyboard for now,  I just have to avoid that one note).   

Hopefully whenever the shop re-opens & I'm able to get it looked at, it's a simple fix and won't involve shipping anything back.  Fingers crossed.

Here is a long shot, since you cannot get any service-and it sounds crude but cold work. I know this is a big keyboard-is it possible you can move it around a bit? Try turning it front down, back down, upside down even (like the world seems to be right now)-if ther is something loose or broken inside-this may at least dislodge it temporarily if this is so and might correct the problem until you can get service. And VERY CAREFULLY AND GENTLY so as not to do further damage-slide something like a thin spatula or similar in between the keys in question, to see if any loose or broken parts are in between the keys, you might get lucky and find something as miniscule as a piece of packing material messing up the action-it can happen. There should be nothing that gets in the way as long as you DO NOT push too deeply and with the gentlest of motions.  I am not a Casio certified rep-so I only suggest this if you are comfortable with it and really need this to work.. ignore me if this seems to risky, just hoping you might e lucky and find something minor. The shake and bake trick sometimes works-never know what might have gotten into this mechanism in packing or shipping.