Video Files on Forum ×

Is this normal ?

Michael D

I have a Casio ctx700 that I received supposably new about 10 days ago and I noticed with quite a few of the drum patches some of the keys make no sound at all...on one of the drum tone patches 23 keys played no sound.  I can understand if one or two 3 or so keys on some of the patches didn't play anything but 23 keys on one patch that play absolutely nothing is a little much...is this unit malfunctioning?..can't get a response from casio so far...

I don't have the CTX but that does not seem right for any Casio-the only possibility might be octave shift-does the CTX have an octave shift function? If a keyboard has its octaves shifted too far up or down from the normal playing range-there may be entire octaves with no drum notes-as many Casio drum kits only use a certain range of keys. But then I am assuming that these silent keys are together, or separate? The other possibility-is this problem in the lower range of keys? Might have something to do with the arranger settings-although I don't think that would be true-you will still hear some notes in the left side with auto-arrange switched on I think. Again, I don't have this Casio, so I can't be sure. It may be a defect. 

• Like 1