Video Files on Forum ×

How can I convert the mrf file to mid or mp3 file?

tienminhvydev

After few hours struggling with the keyboard, I have found best way to get the recorded file with the mid extension. We'll need a USB to do this operation. On the keyboard, tap the function button, then tap the 1 and 3 (< and >) to move to the media section. After that, tap the 6 button (Enter) and go to the Save section then tap Enter. After that choose the file which needed and tap Enter, rename the file then enter. It will display the "Sure?" text on the screen, just tap enter and wait. After that disconnect the USB and connect the USB to your computer, Go to the USB > MUSICDAT and your file will in there.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a number of old MIDI songs which have the .mid extension. The CTX5000 does not recognize .mid files but it does recognize MIDI files that have the .smf extension. Is there a way to convert .mid files to .smf files?

This file was created years ago (not by me) using the pretty cheesy GM voices. I was hoping that through a DAW or the CTX5000 itself, I could replace the GM voices with voices of the CTX, change the tempo, or maybe add another part. A lot of my experience with MIDI is from the '80s, primarily to interconnect the 3 synths I used in performance back then, so I have a lot more to learn in order to utilize the possibilities of MIDI available.

LadyMadonna.mid

On 5/10/2020 at 12:49 AM, Planman said:

This file was created years ago (not by me) using the pretty cheesy GM voices. I was hoping that through a DAW or the CTX5000 itself, I could replace the GM voices with voices of the CTX, change the tempo, or maybe add another part. A lot of my experience with MIDI is from the '80s, primarily to interconnect the 3 synths I used in performance back then, so I have a lot more to learn in order to utilize the possibilities of MIDI available.

LadyMadonna.mid 22.63 kB · 2 downloads

I downloaded your file.  It plays fine on my CT-X5000.  As far as editing the file on the X5000, that won't be possible.  The 5000 can only stream MIDI files directly from a flash drive.  It can't load files in for editing.  

So the CT-X5000 does recognize files with the .mid extension. I'll give it a try. Files with the .smf extension are MIDI files as well, are they editable on the 5000 or do they have to be created on the CT-X. Thank you for all your assistance.

10 hours ago, Planman said:

So the CT-X5000 does recognize files with the .mid extension. I'll give it a try. Files with the .smf extension are MIDI files as well, are they editable on the 5000 or do they have to be created on the CT-X. Thank you for all your assistance.

Hello the best way to edit your files is using a DAW. So far the best DAW that I found for Casio is cake walk bandlab. It’s much convenient than editing songs on keyboard. The outcome is way better as you can edit every single notes on cakewalk. The great thing about cakewalk is you can load all sounds even the user sounds  that you have created on your keyboard. I used to spend hours playing a multitrack song on keyboard. Using cake walk i can manage all works faster with better results.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 4/12/2020 at 3:05 PM, tienminhvydev said:

After few hours struggling with the keyboard, I have found best way to get the recorded file with the mid extension. We'll need a USB to do this operation. On the keyboard, tap the function button, then tap the 1 and 3 (< and >) to move to the media section. After that, tap the 6 button (Enter) and go to the Save section then tap Enter. After that choose the file which needed and tap Enter, rename the file then enter. It will display the "Sure?" text on the screen, just tap enter and wait. After that disconnect the USB and connect the USB to your computer, Go to the USB > MUSICDAT and your file will in there.

hello >what type your piano? I have just boght Privia px-s1100 .i have same problem here.record then RMF file, but how to play this file on computer ?????  thanks