Video Files on Forum ×

Casio privia px 350M

You could use registrations on the PX-350, which are snapshots of your tone settings, and more. You can save 96 registrations, then simply progress through them as needed.  4 registrations are one button press away at any given time. 

Recording MIDI, yes you can connect the piano to your computer with a USB cable and record MIDI.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm trying to play my Casio as an external instrument on my DAW (Logic Pro X) so I can use the built in sounds from my Casio but it is not working to do so. The casio is connected with a USB and it is being recognized by Logic but when I try to use the External Instrument feature in Logic it makes a horrible high pitched sound when I pick Input 1-2. All I can do is play on the computer keyboard and then it plays back on the piano but not the DAW.

If anyone could help that'd be awesome! I've been struggling trying to figure this out for awhile now.

20 minutes ago, AAAAron said:

Hi guys,

I'm trying to play my Casio as an external instrument on my DAW (Logic Pro X) so I can use the built in sounds from my Casio but it is not working to do so. The casio is connected with a USB and it is being recognized by Logic but when I try to use the External Instrument feature in Logic it makes a horrible high pitched sound when I pick Input 1-2. All I can do is play on the computer keyboard and then it plays back on the piano but not the DAW.

If anyone could help that'd be awesome! I've been struggling trying to figure this out for awhile now.

The USB connection only carries MIDI, not audio.  To record sound that is being produced by the piano, you'll need to connect the line output or headphone output of the piano to your computer.