Video Files on Forum ×

The plug in the headphone jack is broken, tip stuck inside...

Besuto

Be very careful with that superglue!  Notice in the video-he managed to get a piece of tubing that fit exactly right-and only used the tiniest bit of superglue inside the plastic tube. Otherwise you might glue the entire thing in that jack. Looks like it could work-if you are very careful.  and how much of the plug is broken off? This video shows only the tip being broken inside. If the broken part is flush with the jack-might be able to take it out the same way, with less chance of glue getting inside. A q-tip-with the tip removed might work, if the plug is flush to the top, with a tiny drop of superglue. Good luck! Otherwise, the entire keyboard casing will have to be taken apart-and if this is a new Casio, there goes your warranty. 

4 hours ago, IanB said:

I wouldn't be risking gluing it in!

I'm thinking of something involving a vacuum, like a solder sucker or carefully deployed vacuum cleaner...

Vacuum nice idea but prob to weak  for to pull the plug   .  

6 hours ago, Besuto said:

Hi! Help me please! The plug in the headphone jack is broken, tip stuck inside... I don’t know how to get it... The piano stopped making a sound. What to do?

super glue  will work but  be careful you might end up with  an 4ever unremovable plug or,,.. try to make a small hook  safest way is to open up the keyboard but need experience for that  if not.... don't do it your self   !.

• Like 1

Personally, I think it would be much easier to open it up and push it out from the inside. Most jacks aren't complete barrels so it's easy to access the plug and push it back out once you're in there.

However, I totally understand if you're not willing to do that either because of the warranty or the complexity of taking apart the keyboard and putting it back together properly. Not everyone feels comfortable doing that kind of thing.

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2020 at 1:43 PM, Aryan.Soni said:

I am facing the same problem right now but it's tip of 6.35 mm jack which got stuck in the phones jack of my CTX. I don't want to open up the set. Can somebody help? 

1591949434995361716098706156959.jpg

On 6/12/2020 at 4:43 PM, Jokeyman123 said:

Wow, nice plug! do you have a strong tweezer or needle-nosed pliers-always good to have around anyway. I think getting a good grip on part of this might get it out without damaging anything.

Thankyou jokeyman. However, the problem is solved. Tweezers didn't help. But I sorted that out. I have posted about that here for others to have a better understanding. 

https://www.quora.com/The-tip-of-a-6-35mm-jack-got-stuck-inside-the-phones-slot-of-my-keyboard-I-dont-want-to-open-up-the-set-What-can-I-do/answer/Aryan-Soni-29?ch=3&share=46bcaeb6&srid=hVvSR

Good work...I was not willing to suggest the superglue-you did well, but not everybody might be that skilled-as you found out-it is way too easy to ruin the entire jack, and these Casio jacks are not easy to replace-I know I've had to find parts and do it, not fun. Superglue does not always adhere well to shiny metal surfaces-what brand did you use? 

4 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Good work...I was not willing to suggest the superglue-you did well, but not everybody might be that skilled-as you found out-it is way too easy to ruin the entire jack, and these Casio jacks are not easy to replace-I know I've had to find parts and do it, not fun. Superglue does not always adhere well to shiny metal surfaces-what brand did you use? 

Thankyou! I used one from astral. You won't find that in your country maybe. I don't know if they sell anywhere apart from Asia. But brand doesn't matter. Actually, the base of the plugs of the connectors are made up of porcelain (that black part that you might have observed) and that sticks to metal very well. Not sure if it would have worked for metal-metal adhesion.

Brands do matter here in the US-some are pretty crappy-some work really well. for example-the "Gorilla Glue brand I recently tried which is supposed to set in a minute or so-typical for others I've used-takes almost 15 minutes! and the cheaper dollar-store versions-I can get 1-2 drops and the rest of the tube solidifies after opening, even with the cap tightly sealed and becomes useless! I have to buy the good R/C modelers cyanoacrylate to get a decent brand that works-and it does if it's decent quality. I'll look up this brand-I might be able to get it here-most of the store-bought off the shelf brands here are not very good.

2 minutes ago, Jokeyman123 said:

Brands do matter here in the US-some are pretty crappy-some work really well. for example-the "Gorilla Glue brand I recently tried which is supposed to set in a minute or so-typical for others I've used-takes almost 15 minutes! and the cheaper dollar-store versions-I can get 1-2 drops and the rest of the tube solidifies after opening, even with the cap tightly sealed and becomes useless! I have to buy the good R/C modelers cyanoacrylate to get a decent brand that works-and it does if it's decent quality. I'll look up this brand-I might be able to get it here-most of the store-bought off the shelf brands here are not very good.

Well, here is a picture of the box if you would like to have it. This one is also a cyanoacrylate adhesive by the way.

1592058105870-1559837193.jpg

159205817208283493953.jpg

1592058288755318324927.jpg