Video Files on Forum ×

Looking for deep filtered kick drum

yul

Hello! I am looking to obtain a specific kick drum sound which is common in ambient and deep dub techno type. The kick is simple, deep, has no overtones, typically highs are filtered.

I checked everywhere and the deep kicks have a top layer (noise or bass sound) which I would need to remove. 

Applying filter to a kick does not seem possible. 

The other option is to detune a kick lower using the bend range. It's close but it's not quite right. 

Is there any other trick one could think of by any chance please? Could I use DSP on drums in some way? 

Thanks

Yes I saw that there's really a lot! Most are really good and punchy can't complain here.

Would you know of any way to apply dsp or filter here? Otherwise I will work with the detune it may be OK for time being. 

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I have another Idea I've just recently used , Use Sine lead or any sine sound and edit it to make it sound like 

a bass drum put some DSP  EQ,  early reflection or delay on it and layer that with a suitable bass drum from a drumkit

to you're rhythm. 

On 6/20/2020 at 1:46 PM, Casio Key said:

Yes, I discovered by squeezing my CT-X5000 that it is possible to choose, edit and use a DSP on the drum set. To do this, choose the 764 tone. This is the only editable drum tone.

😮😮 this is my face after reading your posts. Thanks for the hints