Video Files on Forum ×

Chordana and LK-S250

dwshorn

dwshorn

Jdo

Do you have the Chordana Play app or the Chordana Play for Piano app?  If you have the Chordana Play for Piano app, that is the wrong app for the CTK, WK, and LK keyboards.  It is for certain models of Casio's Digital Pianos.  You need just the Chordana Play app.

dwshorn

Are you using a genuine Apple adapter, or a 3rd party substitute ?

Jdo

Every Android device has its own flavor of the Android operating system, in order to accomodate the chip set in that particular model.  This can sometimes cause compatibility problems, but we will see what we can do.

"I feel like I just wasted money on this model and will be returning if problem not fixed"

While we fully appreciate your frustration and concerns, as we have all been there at some point, we are not Casio employees, and this forum is not Casio owned.  We are a collection of folks, with a common interest, who have come together to help one another enjoy that common interest.  So, making threats here, instead of directly addressing your concerns to Casio, has no bearing, and may well prevent others, who could provide some level of assistance, from becoming involved at all, as it indicates a level of animosity that they would rather avoid.  We certainly do not have all of the answers.  We very likely do not even have most of the answers, but we do provide what answers we can.  Just saying this to keep us all on a level playing field.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, - T - said:

dwshorn

Jdo

Do you have the Chordana Play app or the Chordana Play for Piano app?  If you have the Chordana Play for Piano app, that is the wrong app for the CTK, WK, and LK keyboards.  It is for certain models of Casio's Digital Pianos.  You need just the Chordana Play app.

Jdo

Every Android device has its own flavor of the Android operating system, in order to accomodate the chip set in that particular model.  This can sometimes cause compatibility problems, but we will see what we can do.

"I feel like I just wasted money on this model and will be returning if problem not fixed"

While we fully appreciate your frustration and concerns, as we have all been there at some point, we are not Casio employees, and this forum is not Casio owned.  We are a collection of folks, with a common interest, who have come together to help one another enjoy that common interest.  So, making threats here, instead of directly addressing your concerns to Casio, has no bearing, and may well prevent others, who could provide some level of assistance, from becoming involved at all, as it indicates a level of animosity that they would rather avoid.  We certainly do not have all of the answers.  We very likely do not even have most of the answers, but we do provide what answers we can.  Just saying this to keep us all on a level playing field.

Yes, I have the Chordana Play app installed. 

I have used a micro-USB (keyboard) to USB-C (my Pixel 3a android device) cable with no luck. 

I've looked everywhere for support, I appreciate you being the only group to response. Official Casio support is extremely limited, and there is very little documentation on this keyboard.

I regret not getting the LK-265 because it seems like I wouldn't have had issues with that keyboard.

Is there a cable that you recommend, since there is no proprietary "Google-branded" cable?

Thank you so much for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to be a bit up to chance based on cable selection.  With a Samsung Android tablet I tried a USB-C to C cable with a C-to-micro adapter with no luck, but switching to a USB-C to USB-A 3.0 female OTG cable with an old USB-A to micro cable worked first try.

• 2 months later...
On 4/28/2020 at 1:01 AM, Jdo said:

Yes, I have the Chordana Play app installed. 

I have used a micro-USB (keyboard) to USB-C (my Pixel 3a android device) cable with no luck. 

I've looked everywhere for support, I appreciate you being the only group to response. Official Casio support is extremely limited, and there is very little documentation on this keyboard.

I regret not getting the LK-265 because it seems like I wouldn't have had issues with that keyboard.

Is there a cable that you recommend, since there is no proprietary "Google-branded" cable?

Thank you so much for your help!

I've tried the USB-C to USB (female) connector (bundled with the Pixel 3a) with a standard USB Micro-B cable (from a Nexus 6 phone), and Chordana Play works fine on my Pixel 3a. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was facing the similar issue, Mine is android phone (real me ). My problem is solved when i open additional settings and allowed OTG connection.

For connection i have used type c to otg connector and then micro usb cable. Below is the sample link from amazon. 

1. https://www.amazon.in/Congo-Transfer-Smartphone-Compatible-Connector/dp/B082ZBZHFB/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3G0HN4XF3JHBL&dchild=1&keywords=type+c+to+otg+connector&qid=1603120034&sprefix=type+c+to+o%2Caps%2C300&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyQksyNUhESUxJU0RXJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODUwNDg1N1ZIWUw3SVVZM1BCJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA5MTEzMDExVjVVUjNDS1c2REYxJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==71kQmPySQhL._SL1500_.jpg

So for all latest android devices, There must be a permission issue. For me i did tried using Aux cable but it didn't work. In i still finding how to open app mode in keyboard (hot key or any key combination). If any one know please post it over here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mr. Ed said:

Ginzon, anxious to hear from you....Tried various cables and options, no luck so far. Working with Huawei P20 or Iphone to Casio LK 250. No sign of the mentioned app button or automatic connection. Did use a female/female usb connection piece.  

Hey.. I posted this a few days back, only that mods moved it to iPhone section which Android users won't usually enter..

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/19328-how-to-connect-to-chordana-play-app-with-non-supported-phone-via-usb-midi-android/

P.S. I don't own an iPhone, so can't share any info on it..

• 1 month later...

Just bought the Casio lk-s250. Did not get it to work straight out the box with Cordana Play app, with an Android tablet. Worked a couple of hour with the issue, just to realize that the OTG-adapter should be connected to the tablet, NOT the keyboard.

My solution:

1. Connection: Tablet - usb micro to usb female OTG - usb male to usb micro - keyboard.

If that do not work:

2. Developers menu (Google how to enable on your device) : change usb mode to MIDI.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

(1)  I downloaded the Chordana Play APP from Google Play into an inexpensive Motorola G5 phone, and connected it to my Casio LK-S250 with a

Cable Creation Micro USB to Micro USB Cable, (0.56ft to 4ft) Coiled Micro USB OTG Cable from Amazon ($7.99).

Everything works fine.

(2)  Important Note: At first I tried an Android Tablet with the following cable set up: 

Tablet - usb micro to usb female OTG - usb male to usb micro - keyboard,

"but this did not work."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JEFF ALVINSON said:

(1)  I downloaded the Chordana Play APP from Google Play into an inexpensive Motorola G5 phone, and connected it to my Casio LK-S250 with a

Cable Creation Micro USB to Micro USB Cable, (0.56ft to 4ft) Coiled Micro USB OTG Cable from Amazon ($7.99).

Everything works fine.

(2)  Important Note: At first I tried an Android Tablet with the following cable set up: 

Tablet - usb micro to usb female OTG - usb male to usb micro - keyboard,

"but this did not work."

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/19328-how-to-connect-to-chordana-play-app-with-non-supported-phone-via-usb-midi-android/

Follow this post.. should help out..

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RandyW said:

Hi, in order to use the Chordana play app I would like to know if anyone would know what cable/cables I'd need to connect an Android phone or tablet to a LK-S250.

One device has C type and audio 3.5mm or 1/8 the other has micro B port.

For Android, I suggest using a USB OTG adapter connected to the phone or table, then use a data capable (some only charge a device) cable to connect that to the keyboard.  

• 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, RandyW said:

Are there any other apps other than Chordana Play that will work with Casio LK-S250? 

There are a few.. However I bought Synthesia as even key lighting works there, and the android costing was quite reasonable for the features it offer..