Video Files on Forum ×

CT-X3000 first day ... help!

tmaynard

I just got my 3000 today.  I powered it up and just started clicking, tapping, dialing ... exploring.

Well, somehow something I did caused it to start playing "House of the Rising Sun" -- I actually know the song (I was in a garage band in high school) -- and I started jamming along with it.  But then I powered down and since then I've spent a total of about two hours trying to get it back. 

Does anyone know how or where that backing track lives in the CT-X3000?  I can't find it anywhere.

Any and all help is gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom.

37 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Rising Sun is Music Preset 11 in the Pops Category.  

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.  I owe you a beer.

I originally bought an X700 but it was DOA and out of stock, so I simply stepped up to the X3000, and it's a whole 'nother animal.  Gonna take a bit longer to learn my way around this one, but it's all going to be fun.

Thanks, Brad!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Welcome to the forums! Congrats on the CT-X3000!  Rising Sun is Music Preset 11 in the Pops Category.  

Y'know, Brad, you must've been saying to yourself as you composed your reply, the same thing I said to myself as I tried to follow your lead to replicate my actions: "How did this numbskull manage to find himself *here*?!?"

Jeez, could I get any further down that rabbit hole?  I had to have the manual open, a PDF version open on my tablet, fourteen fingers on both hands, and I'm still not sure I've got it right (it's past my bedtime by a stretch).  Good golly.

Tomorrow, for sure!  (Said the intrepid noob, manual in hand, marching off to battle with the Sandman ... to the death ... armed with nothing but a candlestick and a nightcap.)

Yes looking forward to the day when I have a good overview if what the hell is going on. What we need is a PowerPoint overview of the architecture. It needs some graphics for definite. I still don't know what system tracks and solo tracks are. This keyboard is supposedly aimed at home keyboardists and hobbyists who don't have the time to devot to studying paradigms. Mind you it is quite exciting knowing that a whole lot of mysteries are to be discovered. But frustrating. I think the best thing these keyboard makers could do is have a microphone input and what ever you hum into it , it will translate it into musical data. That would be useful. And so easy to implement. I mean everyone can sing a tune. None of this step input palarva. How out dated is that? Anyway good luck. Thing about music and this keyboard in particular is that there is something for everyone. The player. The programmer. The sound designer. The midi person. The composer. People who can't play much and people who are talented and might use 16 sequencer tracks. So I think it's a great machine. And also it's evolved. I think being able to play different sounds on a piano is now an amazing thing, as technology has finally given something that sounds actually pretty good. After decades of sounding a bit suspect. And fairly cheaply.