Video Files on Forum ×

Casio WK 6500 modulation input?

Hello casio community!

I have this great keyboard and I am in love....the only thing that I am missing on this keyboard, is when I am playing the organ we do not have a modulation wheel to make that Hammond sound top notch quality with the modulation filter

I see some expression pedals but I see that there is no input...and I know that there is a setting in the system in built in edit, but I want something quicker when doing an instant performance.

Any suggestions? 

Thank you! 

Bump to this. Anyone to help? Or currently I am limited to only work with the pitch bend and that's it?

I wanted to know more about as well the sd midi track playback that this system has, did anyone know how I can export a midi playback track into the keyboard player? 

Thanks!

• 10 months later...

That has been a problem with all Casio WK series.  The (now) current WK-7600 is the first to deal with it; a dedicated button.  You can sort of fake it by playing in EDIT mode with the Rotary Speed parameter on the screen.  What is interesting is that they did the proper ramp-up/down programming to do the realistic motor speed change (single rotor, I believe).  I did that on an old CTK-900 this week at a rehearsal and was impressed at how realistic the effect works (called ROTARY).  Software is cheap, buttons are expensive.

One additional workaround is to save your organ tone with the default rotary effect (SLOW) as a patch on the registration buttons.  Then edit the DSP Rotary effect so that the speed parameter is set to FAST and save it again on the next button; same page.  It will not transition smoothly but you can do some sort of trick, such as a glissando to the bottom of the keyboard, switch patches, and gliss back up with the rotary now on FAST.  It can work.  Where else can you get a Leslie for $200 bucks that includes the Hammond?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 11:29 AM, Kurzweil said:

That has been a problem with all Casio WK series.  The (now) current WK-7600 is the first to deal with it; a dedicated button.  You can sort of fake it by playing in EDIT mode with the Rotary Speed parameter on the screen.  What is interesting is that they did the proper ramp-up/down programming to do the realistic motor speed change (single rotor, I believe).  I did that on an old CTK-900 this week at a rehearsal and was impressed at how realistic the effect works (called ROTARY).  Software is cheap, buttons are expensive.

One additional workaround is to save your organ tone with the default rotary effect (SLOW) as a patch on the registration buttons.  Then edit the DSP Rotary effect so that the speed parameter is set to FAST and save it again on the next button; same page.  It will not transition smoothly but you can do some sort of trick, such as a glissando to the bottom of the keyboard, switch patches, and gliss back up with the rotary now on FAST.  It can work.  Where else can you get a Leslie for $200 bucks that includes the Hammond?

Thanks for taking the time on response man, and yes you are absolutely right by this price range the capabilities of this workstation is amazing!

I would definitely mess around about the rotary and maybe I can assign to the quick recall buttons to have like one patch of organ with huge rotary and the other will be normal one.

Thanks and stay safe! 

• 2 months later...

Hello ... I'd be curious to know what you ended up doing, if there was a workable solution, especially as I'm considering picking up a 6500 which is for sale in my locale.

Might not be the greatest solution but there's a solid VST called iSpinner.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/ispinner-by-iliadis-instruments

Download link:

http://www.vstplanet.com/VST_effects/Modulation/iSPINNER.zip

O