Video Files on Forum ×

Is foot pedal target a global setting

cyeutter

I was building a big synth patch and within the stage setting set foot pedal 1 to toggle portamento off and on.  It worked great and I was happy until I tried a few of my piano sounds and realized pedal 1 no longer worked for sustain.  It was trying to toggle portameno off and on.  Did I do something wrong? Is there a way to set the pedal target in a stage setting without affecting all sounds on the PX 5S? 

The answer depends on what you mean by 'global' setting.  Stage settings are snapshots of the keyboard settings, they're basically registrations.  Stage settings determine the functions of pedals, sliders, knobs, effects, etc.  If your pedal is set one way by a particular stage setting and you change tones in zone 1 without changing stage settings, yes, the pedal function will remain the same.  If you change to another stage setting, the pedal function can change.  

Thanks Brad, Your expertise if much appreciated.  You've been amazingly prompt and helpful many times in the past.  

What I'm seeing is if I'm in any stage setting and make a change to the behavior of pedal 1 ( Haven'd tried pedal 2 ), those changed parameters are then present in every other stage setting in my PX 5S.     It doesn't work like that with sliders and knobs. Their settings seem to be localized to only the current stage setting.  Settings for the pedal, however, seem to be global in that they affect all stage settings. 

In my synth patch, I set pedal 1 to toggle portamento.  Then I tried a couple pianos and found the pedal was trying to toggle portamento there also.  In one of the piano stage settings, I then set pedal 1 back to "hold".  When I went back to my synth stage setting I found pedal 1 was no longer toggling portamento, it was now doing "hold".  Am I missing a setting that would localize the function of pedal 1 to only the current stage setting?

Brad... You Are a GENIUS!!!   That did it. All my pedal settings are now local to only the stage settings they are configured in.  Thank you so much for taking time out of your Sunday afternoon to help me with this.   Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend,   -Craig

• Like 1