Video Files on Forum ×

Best Stand for PX-560

jerry316

As a newbie, I’m planning to purchase a new PX-560 once they become available again. I’m trying to decide on the best stand to get, an “X” stand, a “Z” stand, or the Casio wooden (particle board). stand. I don’t need portability as the setup will remain in the house, at least for the foreseeable future. My main concern is stability... back/forth and front/back movement.  I’m leaning toward the Casio stand because I’d like the built-in triple pedals, but I’ve read in a couple of places that it’s not real stable.  Anyone have any thoughts on this? 
Thx,

jerry316

I use the particle board Casio stand-its heavy and seems pretty stable to me. I don't have it attached with the screws and it still stays pretty solidly in place, although if you will keep this in place, I would attach it. I also use an A-frame and a steel Z-frame for portability, since the PX is so easy to move around. The Z-frame is very strong-can hold just about anything and can be easily adjusted to fit shorter keyboards or full 88-key digital workstations or pianos, can be taken apart quickly and easily but might be overkill for the PX560 since it is so lightweight. 

I wouldn't dare to say it's the best, but it's a very good alternative. I just bought a Stagg MXS-A3, and I like it quite a lot.

It's very firm and especially very easy to fold, and when folded it's much smaller and easier to carry than any X-type stand. I've read good reviews on Amazon so I went for it. The only thing which I still have to solve is that the rubber bumpers of the upper tubes are on the tips and apparently cannot be moved to a closer position to match the keyboard's depth, so I may need to add another rubber bumper or the like. I've contacted support about this, I will update this comment when I get a reply.

But if you don't need your stand to be easy to transport, I think Z-types are probably the best option. Just see what professionals use and that will surely lead you in the right direction.

Update: confirmed: they cannot be moved in, so you need to add some extra rubber bumper or foam rubber.

This is the other stand i was referring to in my above post. Extremely sturdy and can fit a heavy duty 2nd tier stand onto it. I use this in addition to my stock Casio stand when I want to set up in a portable venue. Can be adjusted to use for sitting or standing, and takes apart pretty quickly, but needs the hex wrench to take apart completely, but just for the cross-piece. 

z stand.jpg