Video Files on Forum ×

Keyboard Amp

I'm looking for a good sounding amp for the Casio PX-S3000. I'm a guitarist and I'm using my acoustic amps to run the 3000. Sounds OK, but not great. I don't need a big, heavy, loud amp, just something for practice, studio and small backyard parties (20 to 50 people max).

I've been looking at the Roland KC-220, Bose S1 Pro and the JBL EON ONE Compact (battery power is a plus. Especially since the Casio can run on batteries).

Does anyone use any of these amps/PA's? If you're putting the 3000 through something, what is it that you use?

Again, I'm a guitarist and I have several acoustic amps/PA's. But they don't have the frequencies range. Would be great to have something I can connect the Casio, my Guitar and a mic through.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

David 

If you have some good full range flat response powered PA speakers, those would work great.  You could use amp modeling for your guitar, and the keyboard and mic could go straight in.  I have a pair of Alto TS-210 speakers I use at home.  I end up using them for so many different things.  Those types of speakers are very versatile.  

Thanks Brad. I use M-Audio for my studio monitors. I also use Celestion 15 PA speakers connected to a Soundcraft mixer. This what I use for large gigs. Too big for what I want. Again I'm using my Acoustic Guitar amps, Fishman Solo 220 and a Create 60. Both are ok. I think I've narrowed it down to the Roland KC-220 keyboard amp, Bose S1 PRO PA and the JBL EON ONE Compact PA. All three run on batteries, are very light and are suppose to sound good. I've only used the Bose S1 for Guitar and Vocals. I haven't tried any of them with a digital piano.

Because of Covid19, all the music stores are closed so I can't go and check any of them out. I'm hoping someone out there has experience with these amps for keyboards. 

I think I may go for the JBL. It'a the loudest and has the most inputs and still only weights 17 pounds. 

On another note, every time I try to log into this forum, I'm told my user name and password don't match. I have to request a password reset every time I come here. Does anyone else have this issue? I send multiple emails to the forum without any response. Would be nice to just sign in like I do with every other site.

• 10 months later...

Hi , I have a Bose L1 and  the JBL eon compact. Both amps make the PX-s3000 sound great. The Bose is much more powerful , however, the JBL is fine as a small amp especially since you can use is from its inbuilt battery. I also have 2 Behringer 1000W powered speakers I use for big band shows, when I like to run stereo.

• 1 month later...