Video Files on Forum ×

CLUNKING & CLANKING NOISES IN THE KEYS - FIXED

Hello!

I have a GP-500. Some keys on the keyboard have loud clunking & clanking noises.

This is extremely annoying when playing with headphones.

Does anyone have similar experiences.

Thanks

Rainer

Today (June 17th) the dealer (Musik Sandner) got the piano to exchange the keyboard. Casio service is great. 

The GP-500 is back (19th) ... all issues fixed. 🙂

Edited by rasaru
Return after repair.
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...

have had the Casio GP 300 for 3 years now and some of the keys are just now rattling/clunky most likely in the same manner as yours did. How to describe this? After I depress/tap the affected key, the key reverberates/rattles back in place making a mechanical noise.  This can be very distracting during performance, and more noticeable when using headphones. I contacted Casio, and it took several weeks before Casio finally responded with an email. Casio provided me a list of Casio service providers throughout the U.S. by state. Luckily, there are two repair businesses in my city. Unfortunately, one service provider is backed up with work orders, and the other will get back to me after researching the GP-300 keyboard. I really love this piano. It was the most responsive, acoustic-like hybrid that I tried, and I tried every major brand. It is unfortunate, therefore, to have this issue arise. Casio states that the Grand Hybrid pianos have a 5-year warranty and a service technician  will come to the home to repair. I am hoping that this is a fixable problem either by repair or, as in the manner in which your issue was fixed, by keyboard exchange. I also hope to learn what to do to prevent this from happening again. If more people find themselves with this issue, Casio should take this issue seriously and work to eliminate the problem before it arises.

On 5/29/2020 at 11:18 PM, rasaru said:

On 5/30/2020 at 9:48 AM, rasaru said:

Hello!

I have a GP-500. Some keys on the keyboard have loud clunking & clanking noises.

This is extremely annoying when playing with headphones.

Does anyone have similar experiences.

Thanks

Rainer

Today (June 17th) the dealer (Musik Sandner) got the piano to exchange the keyboard. Casio service is great. 

The GP-500 is back (19th) ... all issues fixed. 🙂

gp500 engine gp500

Hi ConfusedReddito: Are you reporting the exact issue as Rasaru previously? I'm not sure because your message looks to be a straight copy and paste of his message. So I'm wondering if you have had the floppy key issue and got it fixed in the same way that Rasaru did or are you now experiencing the floppy/clanking issue and looking for suggestions to remedy the problem? 

FYI: ConfusedReddito explained in a message to me that his posted message has no basis in fact. It was merely a copy and paste act.

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues.  My best advice is, any issues while still under warranty should be handled by Casio.  Contacting Casio in your region of the world is the best route.  They will be able to sort the issue and give appropriate assistance in resolving it.  After warranty period, any reputable musical repair technician should be able to help.  Hope this helps.  

• Like 1