Video Files on Forum ×

Can someone upload a good grand piano sound?

r_1159

I don't think you can get anything better than the actual presets already provided which are already quite nice and above average.

It really depends on the speakers (hopefully you are sending this to bigger speakers or headphones).

Do adjust the key strenght to hard I believe it would help to tame the brightness.

You can also look closing/opening the filter to your liking.

My main focus is typically on adjusting the eq to my system. I tend to lean on user eq where you can bring down some mids and slightly increase the lows and highs. 

There is also some DSP eq's you can try with a slight bit of chorus on top maybe..should be good.

• 2 months later...

Hi Pradeep,

Hope you don't mind I have shared your settings :D

Let's see if r_1159 likes them. I am willing to try them myself.

Now that I have you both here as users of CTX-3000/5000, let me share with you my worries. I hardly want to buy the CTX-5000. But I am worried about the issue with the keys (mainly the central part of the keyboard) making a lot of noise after some time. Has any of you experienced the issue? It is only this issue what it is holding me to buy it, and making me considering buying a Korg EK-50 (which is not a bad keyboard at all, but I much prefer the sounds of the Casio CT-X5000)...

Thanks for your help in advance.

Roberto

4 minutes ago, RCCASGAR said:

Hi Pradeep,

Hope you don't mind I have shared your settings :D

Let's see if r_1159 likes them. I am willing to try them myself.

Now that I have you both here as users of CTX-3000/5000, let me share with you my worries. I hardly want to buy the CTX-5000. But I am worried about the issue with the keys (mainly the central part of the keyboard) making a lot of noise after some time. Has any of you experienced the issue? It is only this issue what it is holding me to buy it, and making me considering buying a Korg EK-50 (which is not a bad keyboard at all, but I much prefer the sounds of the Casio CT-X5000)...

Thanks for your help in advance.

Roberto

Hello Roberto 

the piano sound is great and I like it. Regarding CTX, I have had my keyboard for almost 7 months. The keys are a bit noisy but I did not notice any changes in noise during this 7 months. If you don’t want to invest a big money I suggest you purchase ctx3000. Regarding Korg I doubt you can get a decent keyboard with the same price range as CTX. Anyways it depends on what you want to do with you keyboard. I mostly use my keyboard as piano and also use it with DAW to compose music. The average daily usage is 3 hrs. 
As a ex Yamaha owner i am happy with my purchase.

if I decide to change my keyboard in the future I ll go for professional Korg keyboard. 

Regards 

• Like 2

Thanks r_1159 and Just Alex.

So I understand from your answers that whatever noise I hear in the shop, this is what I am going to have... fair enough. Thanks for your quick reply, I will go to the shop and try it again. First time I tried it, I didn't hear anything, but I was not trying to check this exact issue.

Korg EK-50 is cheaper here in Spain than CTX-5000, and same price than CTX-3000... if it is "decent" or not, I cannot say it. When I tried both in the shop, both looked great to me (but as said, CTX sounds got me since the very beginning). 

Pradeep, can you also share your esperience about the noise of the keybed? Thanks.

Roberto

From my practical standpoint, I would choose X3000 over X5000, because in shop I noticed no big difference in sound or features, and it was much cheaper (but it was last unit they had and it was already sold, were awaiting for pickup by online buyer).

While I have not heard the Korg, I would go to something PSR S series, even used. Say Yamaha PSR S650, used, here can be bought for about $450. Same price as new X5000, but it sounds way better and has better features too.

• Like 1

Alex-are you in the US or Uk or elsewhere? Just curiously-I looked over some PSR-S Yamahas (I have 2 Yamaha SY's but have owned several PSR's-always checking out stuff-recently sold a rare PSR-SQ16 I had in perfect condition) and these are going for silly money here-must be the pandemic-but I found no s650, no s670s and even the older PSR's-like the 540's 530's 640's are going for crazy prices-i only found one S670-and from Japan, at $1200. This has got to be-can't be right. I do not see inventory the last 2-3 months like i usually do, at least here in the US. Even the CTX's are thin-all strictly retail, and not too many vendors at all for new.

I'm in Republic of Georgia, brand new S670 here in stores is about $850.   On local "craigslist", S700 is listed for $500, Korg PA50SD - $400, PSR-640 - $300 and so on. I even spotted PSS-780 in perfect condition, couple of days ago for $300. At your side, these old items might have collector value, so this is why they're expensive. Here Yamaha's have no cult following, but say Roland D50 or Prophet-5 are highly sought and rare to find.

Yes, must be. The Korg PA's are also pretty rare here, and definitely expensive, going usually at least 500 US dollars  and up.  A PS-640 will go for minimum I've seen 500 and sometimes more like 600-700! So yes people know how good these are. a Prophet 5? Now we are in the stratosphere, thousands here if you can find any. Dave Smith (original Sequential designer) re-issued several Sequential Prophets-but all are thousands, not hundreds. Even my original old Pro-One restored goes for 1000-the Behringer Pro-one new  reissue is around 300-400 without a keyboard. So there is a reason the Casios cost what they do. And the old CZs also going for crazy prices. Were good keyboards, but even new back then didn't cost what they do now on the used market-I know, I bought a CZ-3000, A CZ-1 and a CZ-101 when they were new. New Casios are much better, more versatile instruments, but phase distortion was very similar to Yamaha FM, guess that's why musicians are willing to pay so much now, are re-discovering the older synthesis concepts, although FM will always be a mind-twisting programmer's nightmare.I still only know half of how to do it, and I've been studying FM on my SY77's for years!

• 1 month later...

Seems new Yamaha's PSR-E could be bringing some nice sound with them... I think I am going to wait for PSR-E473/EW420 being released in 2021... I hope they are released at the beginning of the year...

Here some videos. First one compares piano voice for 9 keyboards. Second and third are about PSR-E373. Fourth about CT-X3000.

On 10/14/2020 at 8:12 AM, Just Alex said:

So solution is simple. Need piano sound? - forget about CT-X series :D

Hello 

I reckon the issue is not with CTX its probably a sound recording issue. The piano sound that I hear through the speakers is good. I understand the recorded tone is always a bit different to the sound you hear from speakers but in my case it is too different and I cant figure out why