Video Files on Forum ×

Auto Resume is on. Damper noise still sounds every time I turn on the piano

Apparently auto resume does not work for the damper noise setting as I have to turn it to "off" every time I start the piano still.  Ruined recording due to the stupid pssshh noise sounding every .5 seconds.  Every time I go and turn the damper noise off again I check to make sure auto resume was on and I'm not crazy and indeed it has been on.

If auto resume is on-and this isn't saving the damper noise setting, turning auto-resume off does the same thing? I am not sure about the PX-S series-I have the PX560 which also has the damper noise option for the acoustic pianos-but from what I've done with the PX560-the damper setting is part of the tone itself-and you must create a new "user tone" with the PX560 at least-to eliminate the damper noise-it is part of the DSP setting built into the tone-you need to create an entirely new piano tone programmed to turn the damper noise off, and it can be done that way as can other piano specific effects. The PX-S series might be different.  Brad might know how to solve this problem if he weighs in on this topic.