Video Files on Forum ×

Connecting audio and midi to a computer?

finncosmic

I’d like to connect both audio and midi to my computer from my keyboard. Is it possible to do this without an audio interface and with just a USB cable??Does the USB cable transmit audio as well as midi? The end result I’m hoping for is midi data in Logic that I can edit that sounds like the tone I have on the keyboard.

If this isn’t possible, is there a way to connect just audio through a USB cable, so I can play it back in Logic?

USB is for MIDI only on the PX-5S. You'll need to connect an audio cable as well. Your computer probably already has a built in audio interface (a stereo mic/line mini jack).  You can use the appropriate audio cable to connect the PX-5S line or headphone outputs to that if so.  You might be totally happy with that, with no need to purchase another audio interface.  Note that connecting audio cables and USB between a device and computer can cause USB ground loop noise.  It varies by computer so it's worth trying.