Video Files on Forum ×

PX-560 Rhythms are lacking

Brian H

The PX-560 is a really great instrument and I love mine. But I believe it is severely lacking in decent usable rhythms. Many more are required to make this instrument better. There are loads of Asia/Ethnic rhythms but virtually no straight 4s, for example.  I know more can be created by merging the existing ones but even so, it is not possible to always achieve the required sound or feel because the basic building blocks don't seem to exist.  It is also quite time-consuming.  Has anyone found a good solution to this?  Maybe Casio should consider a version of accompaniments that replaces the many that are quite useless for more European/English tastes?  And make this an upgrade to the firm-ware.

• Like 1

Look up the huge number of posts about creating your own rhythm accompaniments for this board. search for my posts, Chandler and others. You can use the older ckf format rhythm files from other Casios, plus the AC7 rhythm files used by the newer

.I also have created some rather specialized stylistic rhythms which might not be to your taste-and posted here in the upload section for the PX560-to show what can be done. There is an extensive bunch of posts here as to how we have designed and created original accompaniments for the PX560 and several other Casios-mine are in the PX560 section. You are right as far as not being able to do much editing from within the PX560 for the existing rhythms, bu if you are willing to do some computer midi file editing, and using  2-3 small Casio programs one of which s part of the IDES 4.0 Casio editor for older Casios-and has a specific rhythm converter for midi to ckf files-you will be able to create just about any style you might need, from simple to extremely complex.And although it is a bit of a struggle, I have managed to port over a few Yamaha .sty files, but most of those are not much of an improvement over the stock Casios, i prefer to 'roll my own". If you load up a few of my rhythms-I have created these from other auto-arranger modules and massaged these to fit the PX-560.

The nice thing about creating your own-once these are in the PX560-you can modify all the settings that the mixer is capable of-including changing instruments, pan, relative dynamics and effects, and save what you have. I almost never like stock auto-arranger rhythms from any manufacturer-the only exception is now gone-the Generalmusic arrangers were completely editable-and in real time also-and even changed the entire pattern based on the chord quality-calling up a Major or minor 7th, triad or other chord-actually changed the entire arrangement pattern-as if you had 'variations' for each chord quality, and then you still had 4 additional variations and basic rhythms-and they went out of business!  I think the Soltons and Ketrons could do the same, but these cost thousands new.

• Like 2