Video Files on Forum ×

Does the casio cdp s350 have a sampling feature

Dnnyboy

The CDP230 does-has an audio input for connecting a microphone and sampling. You can store up to 5 samples in memory slots 701-705-and a total of 10 seconds-no editing or mapping of samples-more like the original Casio SK samplers-one shot samples. i think the only newest Casio that can sample is the MZ-X500. Don't have one so not sure.

In the active line-up, only the WK-245 and the MZ-X500 are capable of sampling. The MZ-X300, XW-PD1 and XW-G1 are no longer being made.

I would personally love to see a reissue of the old SK series with the new sleek Casiotone design. A slight adaptation of the CTK-4400 to the Casiotone form factor would be awesome, rebrand it as an SK-S and release a mobile app to help with sample transfer and editing. Color variants (baby blue, neon green, canary yellow) would be gravy on top.

Considering prices on used SK's-I had the full size SK2100 for a long time-used in my music classroom, kids had so much fun with the sampling-I agree 100% Chandler-and same for the Casio DH horns-another hot seller on the used market (had that too when new) that I'm sure would sell if the price was reasonable-considering the ridiculous prices on the new Roland Aerophone, Casio can do better I bet. Come in around 100 US or so for the SK's and digital horns-would sell like crazy I bet. 

Eh, I think it'd have to be closer to $150-175 given the feature set and components. The CTK-4400 was a pretty full featured board, and I think this new SK-S would definitely need velocity sensitive keys to have any crossover appeal with the intermediate crowd. That's getting into CT-X700 territory price-wise but I think the novelty of the sampling engine will make it worthwhile.