Video Files on Forum ×

PX350 organ tones-touch sensitivity

Jokeyman123

I just realized something about the organ tones in my PX-350 which I had not noticed until now. Some of the organ patches (tones) are actually touch-sensitive-not to percussion, but to overall dynamics. Strikes me as strange, but ironically useful as touch is the only way to control loudness for recording individual tones when recording using the internal song recorder multitrack sequencer. Even 2 of the church organ tones are touch sensitive-#13 and 14. In addition, tones #5 rotary, #7 70's organ, #8 overdrive, #9 and #10 tremolo and rock 2. I never noticed because I usually play these tones evenly as I would with a Hammond-no dynamics with touch, only pedal. So although it is a rather crude solution-and since the fixed dynamic organ tones usually overpower any other tracks I record, at least this will work. Just passing it on, and revisiting my PX350 after mucking about with the PX560, still an excellent sounding board, great keyboard feel and drop-dead quiet with the right mods!

2 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

The GM organ tones-also touch sensitive for some, really odd. I wonder why Casio programmed these like this since B3's/C3's etc  are not touch sensitive. 

You would be surprised how many people ask why some organ tones are not velocity sensitive.  As far as GM tones, I think all of them have to be velocity sensitive by the GM spec.  

Didn't think of that-GM tones-makes sense. The rest of it, not so sure. And i guess i never will be....not that there's anything wrong with that!!!! (Watching too many Seinfeld reruns).  But it is actually helpful as i said for multitracks-can control dynamics better when laying out a backing organ track.