Video Files on Forum ×

Are there VSTs you can use with your digital piano on android

Dnnyboy

Ive been trying a couple of apps from the app store like fl studio to try and use new sounds on my casio cdp s350 but I dont know how to do it or if Im even doing it right.I can press a key on my piano and the app will sound it out on my phone but I want to the the reverse and I l know you can like use daws with vsts from your pc to your piano but I dont even know how that works exactly so if theres anyone that can shed some light on the entire process that would be helpfull.

Basically you can use your cdp s350 in two ways.

play it as a keyboard, as addon you could control the setting of the keyboard with the casio chordana app on your phone/tablet, sound is generated in your keyboard

use the keyboard as a midicontroller to control a daw/vst, the sound is produced in your computer/tablet/phone.

Reading your remark “want to do the reverse”, that’s not possible afaik

MIDI 2 will not magically give you functions that don't currently exist-any new features capable of midi 2 functions will have to be engineered into your keyboard/hardware/software in order for midi 2 to use these. MIDI 2 cannot magically create functions that are not there-it will take some time for manufacturers to create midi 2 functions that will be "recognized' by the new midi spec. sort of like USB 3 vs. 1 or 2. You can have the functionality within your computer for USB 3-but unless you have specific USB 3 hardware to plug into these ports, it will still function as a USB 1.0 or 2.0 device-if you're lucky!

• 1 month later...