Video Files on Forum ×

Change tempo of recorded song

yul

Hello! Can anyone help me please to modify a tempo on a recorded song?

I tried using overdub...i can change it while the song is playing but it does not work for the entire song.

I tried song edit mode and change tempo and this doesn't work either.

Thanks,

If the CTX is like many of the other Casio song recorders-the tempo changes are only stored in the "system" track-which also stores other mixer settings such as relative dynamics, pan, DSP insert etc. And not sure re the CTX series, but all my Casios only record one pass of the system track-you cannot overdub, you can only "replace record".  So if you have nothing else stored in the system track, or don't mind losing whatever settings are already there-and I'm assuming you used the system track for recording something already-you can set your tempo, then arm the system track and record it-even a few measures will do it. If you already recorded a rhythm accompaniment on that track, you will have set that up and record that again from "scratch"-get your rhythm setting or registration if you set that up, and re-record that-along with your tempo setting. This is the way the PX560, 575 and 350 work with the song recorder. I always have to remember to get that tempo setting recorded first.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...