Video Files on Forum ×

PX560 not copying songs

Jokeyman123

Now Jokeyman needs help.  My PX560 suddenly doesn't seem to be copying songs I have created with the song recorder, and I have no idea why. I am on the latest firmware, 1.16.  and every other function has been working perfectly.

Following the manual word for word as to how to copy-not a track, but one song to another user slot. I get the "are you sure" and a confirmation, but when I check that slot, its not there. Whether I copy to another user empty slot, or one with another recording saved, doesn't seem to matter. And the internal software seems to be shifting to another saved song slot on its own. for example-if I try to copy user song slot 15 to 20, or any other-after I get the confirmation-the menu shifts to another user slot-neither of which is the original or the one i tried to copy to. It shouldn't matter, but whether I have the thumb drive installed or not, the same problem seems to occur as i am trying to copy from internal memory to internal memory. I do not all that many songs stored internally-still have 7-8 song memory slots open. I must be missing something I'm doing wrong.  I've used the song copy function before, and did not have this problem-this is something that has just shown itself. Very odd. Could I have maxed out internal memory-I don't have all that much stored internally for tones, songs, registrations, have plenty of empty user slots for anything. I'm stumped.

Jokeyman solved his own problem-i did miss something, actually 2 things, are not in the manual so here it is.

When you go to the menu that lists your user songs already recorded-this works in a kind of weird way, just my opinion. After you have your song recorder song selected-and it is ready to play with the song recorder-I go back to the main song recorder list of songs menu-select the edit tab on the lower right as expected, but here is what tripped me up. When you select the copy song function-the OS prompts for the song you want to copy highlighted in red-but does not prompt for which user slot to copy it to-it automatically creates one. I never noticed this before. And when you delete an existing song recorder song from that main menu-it eliminates that user slot completely-it does not leave an empty user slot. Guess I was blindsided by this rather transparent step regarding where to copy your song to. The other tricky part-and maybe something is wrong with my PX560-is that unlike the user tones menu-which shows empty user slots as do most other keyboards including the Casios-the song recorder menu for saving songs doesn't. It generates a new song recorder slot as soon as you record one, but lists it without a name until you name it. and it does the same when you copy a song, without prompting you. A little tricky to work with but it works.

• Like 1

Why I posted it. and I have been recording with this for a year at least-and never noticed it. I was wondering how my song recordings were filling up!

A little off topic, but as a pro maybe you would know this, is related to the PX560. I had posted awhile ago here that since the PX560 has no midi clock-I had discovered that the internal sequencer was accurate enough that I could manually sync it to some devices just by matching tempos-not always successful depending on the internal clocks of other instruments. I wonder if there is some midi device that can create a midi clock connected to the PX560-possibly create a clock signal to sync my digital recorders that have midi time code-or other devices that will lock onto a midi clock signal, or send a signal to the PX560. I think there used to be some older equipment that did this-not the analog control voltage design that did this before midi-I had built a control voltage trigger for my old Sequential Pro-One that did this years ago-but took its signal from an audio pulse. I'm wondering if there is something that can do this now-this was years ago, i don't have the design or device anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Sorry it took so long to try and offer some help but better late than never. As I was searching for a device I used years ago that would solve the MIDI clock (or lack thereof) issue, I came across this:

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/generate-midi-clock-from-audio-or-midi-notes/91024

It appears several of the little Korg boxes can do the trick.