Video Files on Forum ×

Ludwig van Beethoven - Fur Elise

Wunderbar! Nicely played, Sergey. I was thinking that Fur Elise would maybe be simple enough for me to learn how to play but after watching you playing...ooo, probably not. It would take me a year to learn it. I'll just stick to my simple riffs.

Is there some Debussy in Piano Marvel, Sergey? I bet that's level 10 and beyond. Complicated stuff, and the timing is pretty tricky. Are you ready for Debussy?! Can you handle it, Sergey?! Apparently, unlike me, you're into challenges. Good luck!

• Like 1

You are right.

overall there is no trick to play the whole thing.

the tricky part is to play at the correct tempo across the whole piece

I think only people like you who is actually playing can recognize the difficulty level.
3/8 at 60 - it took me several months practicing before I could start doing this once in awhile.

I am still practicing ( obviously it is far from being perfect ;) ) it along with some other exercises.
the good  part, it can be kept in the repertoire as is forever.

Good technique SS...good combination of flat finger and curved finger technique. Some players stick with one or the other technique-technically both are needed for classical playing, apparently you know this from instinct or did someone show you how to do this? I've studied videos of Glenn Gould playing Bach, and of course Horowitz playing Chopin and Lizst to see the differences in their respective techniques when playing these different styles of music. This is why some players cripple themselves early on-not keeping wrists straight in relation to the keybed and not using forearms, wrists and fingers properly. I like the fact that you are staying relaxed when you play-very important IMO and based on what I've been taught-any tension can cause damage to delicate wrist and hand muscles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Jokeyman for your analysis

you are the only person who comments on my technique

i do not have any tips about how to or not to play

there is the technique session on pianomarvel. I did not make recordings of that section.

it mostly consists of scales in different forms for major and minor modes - chords, arpeggios, scales ... 
notation also has instructions for fingers.

there is one more piece left in methods session and three in technique to finish the main course of pianomarvel.

it took five years to get here.

fur Elise is not from the main course. It is just a piece I wanted to learn and it is also level 6.

Thanks  again for commenting to the video.