Video Files on Forum ×

Virtual controllers --???

So I find a violin tone and edit in the Dsp effect (tremolo) .In the edit box to get the modulation to change tempo rate I found LFO rate would do the trick. For this to be any use as a preset it would require an easy adjustment of this rate.One should not have to go into edit each time . With all of those assignable knobs it should be a breeze .I just spent 2 hours ,looking at the manual both user and the so called midi appendix. along with Allen's book.I drew a blank. Casio has sync features and tap tempo so they surely recognize the need. Just a simple control change number for a DSP rate ,????   thanks from not a nerd

• 4 weeks later...

Learning to operate the XW-like you are with the control sliders, etc. the only thing I can think of as complicated is learning a pedal steel guitar-not how to play it, how to control it!!! After 5 years of studying this thing-unless you know exactly what does what-might as well try to fingerpick without your fingers. It is as complicated as any keyboard I've ever had the misfortune to deal with-there are 600 pages in my TS12 manual-I've owned and played this thing for almost 2 decades-not lying-and I'm still discovering what it can do, and I've worked at it-they went out of business before most musicians could figure out half of what it does-and still are. i think the XW is destined for that same trip. Took me a few weeks to figure out the difference between a chain, a part and a pattern. Like trying a custom-cooked gumbo-but the cook won't tell you what's in it. I didn't even realize you could change both lfo parameters like this. alot of instruments need this to be set correctly, or will sound like....are you controlling this LFO settings while in 1) tone mode 2) performance mode or 3) sequencer mode? and are you doing this while trying to program the effect itself, or directly from a tone????? Or doesn't it matter? see what I mean?  Dammit Spock-I'm only a doctor, not a miracle worker!!!!! Thanks!

• Like 1