Video Files on Forum ×

WK-7600 SMF playback precount problem

bob3c

I have saved a user sequencer song to memory card as a SMF. When I play the song from the memory card with Precount ON, I hear 4 clicks counting in Measure #-001. Then I hear another 4 clicks counting in measure #000 (click #1 is slightly delayed)and then the song begins. Why is this happening?

Brad:

Thank you for your response.

I have tried with Precount OFF and that does cancel Precount completely. With Precount ON there is an extra measure (Measure # -001, yes, a negatively numbered measure) clicking before Measure #000 begins. I assume that Measure #000 would be the normal Precount measure. Why is the negatively numbered measure also playing? 

Thanks

16GB of midi files? It's in the 6 figures. I have an old CD disk that has 90,000 midi files on one computer CD-I didn't know there were that many in the entire world although many of these are variations of the same song...and an old computer CD holds what-700 Megabytes? So a 16GB (!) thumb drive can hold the equivalent of roughly 20 computer CDs. Of course, many of these files on this CD are very short drum and bass rhythms-1K or so, but most are full song files. Seems insane, but I've looked through the index-i don't know who put these together originally, and I bought this at least 10 years ago! So doesn't even include songs since then.  I don't think you have to worry about running out of room on your drive. Even a typical .wav file from the audio recorder will take up 10-80MB per recording depending on length of the file, and mp3's m4a's are one quarter of that, roughly. So you could store thousands of midi files, hundreds of audio recorder songs and probably hundreds of mp3's on the same thumb drive. I'm working on it!