Video Files on Forum ×

Help loading and using Casio .ckf style files in wk7600

Cman

I am having trouble loading these downloaded styles such as ShflRock3.ckf and others which all have the extension .ckf

I formatted the sd card in the keyboard......copy and pasted these styles on the SD card....put it back in my keyboard pushed the Load & Save button

and its says "NO FILE"..am I doing something wrong wrong format ?, do they need to be converted first? or just not able to play in the wk7600 at all..?

ShflRock3.ckf

UPDATE......after put these files in the MUSICDAT folder and putting the SD card back in the keyboard it still says NO FILE?

I reformatted the SD card again 

do these files have the correct extension .ckf for the wk7600 or could they be for a different unit?

14 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Have you tried saving anything with the keyboard itself first? and then reload successfully?

Hi Brad ...ok I have tried and followed the steps to save as in the manual etc .....but it always says NO FILE I have a funny feeling the "ULTRA SD" is not recognized by the wk7600?

I will have to buy a different one that is not "ULTRA" and try that next....?

According to the manual-describes an SDHC card up to 32GB should work. As this is a new card-try formatting it in your computer first-as FAT32, make sure it's FAT32 and not NTFS in a Windows machine.  And not plain FAT-which will not recognize all 32GB on the card anyway. Then re-format it in the WK7600-no reason a 32GB card won't work-even a faster SD card will only transfer based upon the speed of the WK7600 card interface-I use 32GB thumb drives in several Casios-but this is a USB connection so doesn't necessarily apply to this. And-may seem silly-but make sure the small sliding tab on the card is moved to read/write and doesn't slide back to "read only" when put in the WK slot-it can happen, it has happened to me. And always power the WK off and on when re-inserting the card-it should "hot-swap" but might glitch. As always try other SD cards if you have any-see if those work. Hope you get this going-there is an abundance of playable .ckf files here-including (shameless plug) mine!

Jokeyman123 I ordered another SD card not an ULTRA cheap enough and will try that this week thanx for the advice fingers crossed...... meanwhile I will reformat what I have in my PC as you said too then reformat in the keyboard again and see if it works with a style file in the musicdat foler.

I just bought another SD card not an ultra like the last one ....formatted it I put a style in the musicdat folder.....put it back in the keyboard..but it still comes up NO FILE? I also tried to save a reg setting and when I hit the save button it says NO FILE?

am I doing something wrong here or?

How to load a style from a memory card.
1. The memory card must be formatted on the synthesizer, and one folder is created there "MUSICDAT"
2. The style must be put into the "MUSICDAT" folder (by connecting the memory card to the computer, in any way possible)
3. Insert the memory card into the synthesizer.
4. Turn on the synthesizer, press the "USERRYTHMS" button, select the cell number where we want to load the style, then press the "CARD" and "FUNCTION" buttons TOGETHER, the <Rythm Load> menu will appear on the screen, using the "up" or "down" buttons "choose the style you want and press" ENTER "

I usually do this on my СTK 7000

34 minutes ago, casio_style said:

How to load a style from a memory card.
1. The memory card must be formatted on the synthesizer, and one folder is created there "MUSICDAT"
2. The style must be put into the "MUSICDAT" folder (by connecting the memory card to the computer, in any way possible)
3. Insert the memory card into the synthesizer.
4. Turn on the synthesizer, press the "USERRYTHMS" button, select the cell number where we want to load the style, then press the "CARD" and "FUNCTION" buttons TOGETHER, the <Rythm Load> menu will appear on the screen, using the "up" or "down" buttons "choose the style you want and press" ENTER "

I usually do this on my СTK 7000

I have tried this a few times but RYTHYM LOAD does not appear when pushing the card & Function buttons together all I see is NO FILE? I must be doing something wrong?

20201202_114512.jpg

Casio_style is right. Whatever you want to save or load-registration, tone, rhythm-you must be in that "mode" first-in this situation where you must select a rhythm to play-before you do anything else-as if you are selecting a rhythm, not a tone or registration.

The card loading/saving function will look at where the keyboard is currently. And the WK/CTK's are very particular about this. From your LCD screenshot-it looks like you are in "tone" mode when you are trying to  load your rhythm. You will only be able to save or load tones in that mode when you select the card mode. A little confusing perhaps-but this is how it supposed to work. the card slots in the Casios are usually not the problem-unless somebody wedged a piece of fruit or other not recognized object in there....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cman said:

jenny am I in the wrong mode B?..

Yes, you are not in that mode.
4. Turn on the synthesizer, press the "USERRYTHMS" button, select the cell number where we want to load the style, then 
press the "CARD" and "FUNCTION" buttons TOGETHER, the <Rythm Load> menu will appear on the screen, using the "up" or "down" buttons "choose the style you want and press" ENTER "

On 12/2/2020 at 3:00 PM, casio_style said:

4. Turn on the synthesizer, press the "USERRYTHMS" button, select the cell number where we want to load the style, then press the "CARD" and "FUNCTION" buttons TOGETHER, the <Rythm Load> menu will appear on the screen, using the "up" or "down" buttons "choose the style you want and press" ENTER "

I have been trying everything you all are telling me ...but still no luck.....I bought another SD card different company not an ultra...formatted it put it in my PC....

I now see a Musicdat file on the SD card......I copy and pasted a .ckf  style file and put it in the Musicdat folder.... then back to the keyboard...put the new card in the slot...next I selected as mentioned above the USER/RYTYHM button.....and as pictured this is what is shown on screen...? NO DATA

I can't go any further with the instructions you have been giving me ... so I get NO DATA......NO Rhythm load menu.......I am baffled at this point????? any ideas..
Also can I transfer style files to the keyboard instead using the Casio data manager via PC to host cable wire?
OIvGxTrD1ZLD4WsYehUPDIEgETt7sjeVi4cbv4wIZSD4qc6aWGE2I-2XiiyzrTd2o7Roh_tTtxoJMOBfoGP-QEeiVLzsObZLYCxxvydCXK_A4gdvpGWq-W2SmGhD1CYvSN1CVBmjgTbSk84FXCjYF5yLGMKE0AvQbbPVuk2wkmw4NonVyfw_Ejx9aAxyH3DffLFDa3nYIo36O8dl7NWwTmf0CIdo8QpOWqpQxt7jOvl3XWOYB-tt1G5DmHPTvINZrqFk_yzcmLaZUt1LEKX3mQ8TCzy_G8SHznwoykB8HVSP_4u6QdstBSRAOGUE_ZPnwTiz6t_7uM2chQ_4W-iFP1AzzwOAhnmlvztv7oWbzqoUBpgkkCRwUI8FEXVWKNh8W2mpqRNBoSpGzOw21NHT_jG5VwNHW5gQ6QpbP2a81xuEwdTo51ktQe3MSFvXS2w4bTjJPbr2LeIbdQHK5PPRG281YtxqwdhSukilctMt3Nfeb5jaar71lJHAbiD2h6ldKJ7jkMrkHwyhiuXPbarfIKnxI9DVfbB9diMKDL_4emhWW76i6xz6_rDUfH3KN0xQMJQkNIeQiRibSuY-k3CPyXy5pfMF9b-NUiv0dym2aT1l9Fv0_Tazt5KNiqsB5CEGNYPRZEoOI6RT8HyHwVvrAKHOt0tTU9n3z0HGz_q8QsnTJEOPqhy2raaxhyOOdaw=w1920-h771-no?authuser=0

UPDATE:.......Well I finally gave up trying to use the SD card and with great success using the Casio Download manager...

PC to Host connected it and was able to just drag many of the style files from the PC folder to the Casio data manager and they automatically were saved in the USER/Rhythm section of the WK7600. many of the 50 styles I downloaded wee very useable. So at least now i have a workaround the SD card and loading files, etc, is very easy. Thank you for all of your help.🙂

Add to the topic, maybe the problem was this. It is better to press the "function" button earlier, and then hold down the "function" button and press the "card" button. Sometimes it happens, like I pressed these buttons together, but in fact, the "card" button was pressed first, and in this case the menu for playing midi files comes out.