Video Files on Forum ×

WK7600 Memory Card content to Data Manager

bob3c

When the card is in your PC-data manager won't see it-and doesn't need to, if this is what you are saying. If you are saying your SD card is inserted in your computer's sd card slot-then you can copy, cut and paste anything stored on that card to wherever you want to on your computer. The data manager is only used if you want to copy, cut or paste any files from the keyboard to your computer-connected with a USB connecting cable and if the sd card is in the keyboard, not the computer sd card reader.

As I look at the data manager-you must have the keyboard connected to the computer with a standard USB printer type cable-data manager interacts with the keyboard-when the SD card is in the keyboard. If your USB connection is good-now if you have any Casio files that you have already copied over to the computer-you will see those files in the left hand window-if the window is empty-this tells you there are no files you have put there yet-or you saved those files in the wrong folder on your computer. If you look at the bottom of the data manager window-you will see something that says "directory path". This is describing where the folder is in a windows computer-which the data manager already placed there, which you won't have noticed-it does this automatically. Your Casio files need to be in the folder labelled "Casiodatamanagerdata". You will have to search through your Windows explorer to find that folder, but only if you want to directly save your Casio files there-data manager will do that for you automatically if you don't.

The right hand window will show you whatever files are in the keyboard that you have saved, songs, rhythms, registrations etc. If you haven't saved anything within the keyboard-there will be nothing there either, or if your SD card is not in the keyboard. Whenever you save a song, rhythm anything-it gets saved on the SD card-but not unless the card is in the keyboard-not the computer.  Tricky at first, but once you get it, gets easy. The confusing thing about this-and what i think you are trying to do-if you have saved anything on the SD card-from the keyboard,you can then take the card out of the keyboard-insert it into an SD card reader connected to your computer-and you will be able to see whatever is on that card. then you can (repeating myself) copy, delete do whatever you want with those Casio files that were originally created by you from the keyboard. If you haven't saved anything form within the keyboard-the card will have no files-just the empty folder that should be on the card if you formatted it in the keyboard. Sorry for the lengthy explanation-I think there is a manual somewhere at Casio's website that explains how to use the data manager in detail-but i've covered most of it right here.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Brad Saucier and Jokeyman123,

I am having (I think) the same problem as bob3c, in that when I have entered the Audio file from my WK7600 into DataManager 6.1, and then "pushed" the song file from the Instrument data list to the Computer file list, it sits there as a .CMS file. There is no response at all when I back-click on it, and when I forward-click on it, it becomes highlighted. When I double-click on it two vertical white bars surround the file name (which allows me to rename the file if I so want to). No menu appears that would allow conversion to a WAV file, nor to release the file from the Computer file list to a folder or computer app to continue the processing.

The Preference button presents two pathnames with no information on what their function is. I haven't clicked on them because I don't know what they do!

Something has gone wrong somewhere, don't you think.

On 12/11/2020 at 7:23 PM, bob3c said:

Brad, Thanks for the help, but I can't figure it out. I'm not good at this stuff.

Sorry for this late reply, but I wanted to add a bit of encouragement.  I didn't get it at first either.  But if you follow the directions in the User Guide for the Data Manager, and what Brad and Jokeyman123 said, then you will eventually get it.  In case you don't have the User Guide yet, here's a link to download it:     

https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=67

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1