Video Files on Forum ×

Rotary Simulation on/off

shep

Hi All ,it is  very  frustrating that the PX-s3000 doesn't have a dedicated foot switch for rotary on/off. Has anyone got a simple solution?

I have been trying to rig up a pulley system using rubber bands  to turn the knob one way or the other using the knee. The idea works but is a little unpredictable. I would love Casio to include an update so that an expression pedal can control the rotary on/off!   Am I dreaming?

He's asking about the PX-S3000, which controls rotary speed as a knob assignment. The CT-X5000 (in your case) has this function mapped to the Mod button, which is why you were able to so easily wire a footswitch pedal to simulate the pressing of the button. He wouldn't be able to do the same thing on his PX-S3000 (and the PX-S models are tricky to disassemble given how tightly packed they are inside), plus he'd void the 3-year warranty on his Privia if he tried to open it anyway. That's a cool mod though, thanks for sharing. If you ever open up your CT-X5000 again, definitely take some pictures of the wiring job on the circuit board, I'm sure folks would love to see that up close.

@shep Something you might try is the sequential pedal recall function (Reg Cycle), which allows you to cycle through registrations hands free by pressing the pedal. See pages E-42 and E-43 in the manual for more info on how to set this up. Try saving a registration with rotary off, and then turn rotary on and save another registration with rotary on. Or one with low speed, and then another with high speed, etc. Then see if you can use the pedal cycle to switch between the two registrations to achieve the desired effect. Short presses of the reg cycle pedal will advance to the next highest reg slot, and long presses will cycle to the next lowest (you can invert this behavior by setting Reg cycle to "Dec" instead of "Inc").

I'm not sure if it'll work (the CT-X models don't seem to handle this transition smoothly), but it's the only solution I can think of that might work for you.

• Like 1

Thanks Chandler, I imagine the change would be seamless and I will give your idea a go. I did realise that "Casio Key" was referring to a different model but was interested to see what he had done....

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have a PX S-3000 and a WK-7600.   If you like organs, the 7600 has drawbars, percussion selection buttons and a rotary button that increases/decreases speed much like a Leslie.   Also drawbar presets..   Pretty darn cool!   The pianos aren’t bad either, and easy to tweak.   The 7600 is my gig machine, the 3000 stays in the studio :).  You can’t beat that 3000 key action, but it’s heavier than the 7600.!

• Like 1