Video Files on Forum ×

mute certain keys on 560

Doch88

Play the 560 live, control various loops on my DAW live via a MIDI floor switch pedal. But thinking of changing to control the DAW loops via MIDI from the 560 from the lowest 6 keys on the 560, let's call it keys A-D, MIDI A0 through D1. 

What's the best way to make these 6 keys silent, ie produce no internal 560 patch sound when pressed, just send a MIDI signal when the key is pressed to my DAW? Is there a global setting to make these 6 560 keyboard keys silent for all patches? Or do I have to set up something for each sound patch on the 560?  What's the best/easiest way to make such a change if this is possible either way?

Thanks. 

Thanks Brad for the reply. I was thinking in these lines too but the problem is on a few reg patches I use, the keyboard is already split into 2 sounds...bass for the bottom, piano for the top. Now I don't need to use the bass sound anywhere near that lowest octave at least while playing live, do you know if there's a way to stop the sound from playing/turn off the sound in another way on those lowest keys in the bottom split given the keyboard is already split but still allow midi to be xmitted?  

Alright, so far so good....hex method works great. Also have some patches of just the piano sound on the entire keyboard, I split as suggested/assigned a bass sound to the left spilt point of the last few keys, turned the volume down in balance to zero for the bass sound, and works perfect, soundless 6 bottom keys but still sends MIDI commands to my DAW perfectly.

But strange finding....have the MIDI channel set to 1 on the 560 on the main menu, "MIDI", "KEYBOARD CHANNEL = 1".  When I press  any key on the 560 to set that key to make something happen in the DAW, it does that fine, BUT the MIDI channel is recorded 2 higher in the DAW than what is set on the 560....ie, 560 has midi channel set to 1 in the Master setting, but DAW is receiving/recording it as midi channel 3.....set 560 channel to 2, DAW records midi channel as 4, to get MIDI channel as 1 on the DAW, have to set 560 midi channel to 15......I can't find anything in the DAW that is transposing the channels up by 2. I also have a MIDI footswitch that can talk to the DAW/send commands and that's xmitting on midi channel 1, and the DAW is recording on 1, so I don't think it's a DAW issue, somehow I have something set wrong on the 560....any ideas?

Also, what is "HI-Res Vel out" in MIDI settings do in the real world?  Manual says just turns it on or off. Does odd things on the key off when programming into my DAW...key on programs one value, key off programs another.

ah, bummer, ok. Would be really nice to have each part have it's own modifiable MIDI channel for flexibility. In my case it's no big deal, I'll just record the fixed MIDI channel it's stuck on to the DAW.

What I still don't understand is how changing the keyboard MIDI global channel also changes the MIDI channel xmitted of the lower 1 sound I have programmed to be silent(sound turned to 0) to trigger my DAW is offset by 2  as I explained a few post above.....this seems to indicate the master MIDI channel that is only suppose to change Upper 1 MIDI channel does more than that.  In any case, thanks again for the information Brad.