Video Files on Forum ×

Floyd Diamond sound

gruuvinrob

I have been hunting for that Pink Floyd synth sound in the intro of Shine On You Crazy Diamond; not the string/pad, but the smoothed out Minimoog brass-like lead sound that precedes the first guitar lead.

Does anyone know of a tone or stage setting that has reproduced this fairly well?

I hunted through all the factory tones, and found nothing very close.

Real quick, try 0,0 (just to get 1 zone active).  Then under the tone buttons press, Synth/Various.  Use the Plus key to select Saw Lead 2.

Then move the modulation wheel up maybe a quarter.  Set slider 3(Attack) somerwhere between 90 and 105 to taste.  Not perfect but -so similar.  Don't strike the keys with too much velocity or change your velocity reponse all together.   Set Slider 1(cut off) to about 44 and slider 2(resonance) to 127

This took about two minutes to test so, like I said - not perfect but ounds close to me.

Thank you both for the replies. I had been working on a stage setting with strings, pad, organ, and sub in one hex layer that sounds very much like what I wanted, and then another hex layer that uses the melwsawlead... Spent many days tweaking the pitch, filter, and amlitude envelopes to try to get that MiniMoog sound.... Ive got something close, but not as "breathy" as the moog. This is certainly a learning experience. What have I learned? That this board is INCREDIBLE! I am really curious if Casio has something in development to improve on this one.  You really have to dig in to tweaking all the parameters to really appreciate what it can do. It's for musicians who really like to geek out. I cannot imagine doing it without the data editor. Although it's impressive that it can all be done through the small lcd! (I've had this board for many years, and didn't get into it until recently).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...