Video Files on Forum ×

CTX5000 : Recording Rythms + Melody

FlashyEagle8

Im trying to record Rythms (Accomp) & Melody (song) into 1 Track where it be obviously using Mono signals to any Music Design Softwares !

Now, as this Mono will be saturated by too much drums and melody's instruments, i was wandering if it's better to record in STEREO.

For getting STEREO, the Stereo Picture should be, as Rythms are Left Side of keyboard, and Melody is on Right of Keyboard, is it Possible to PAN these 2 sides in Casio ?

For example, For Pans, my Left at -7 and my Right at +7. (or the opposite {L=+7 & R=-7} if i was wrong) 

By Paning, i will adjust the source sounds L&R in Stereo, so that it be recorded correctly from Audio Interface into DAW.

and of course, in this way, on my DAW, i won't need to make further PAN re-Adjustments for arranging the Stereo mode, as it was alreadt done within CASIO itself.

Now, for Pan in Casio, i would like to know if its possible to adjust that, and some explanation in how to do that !

Thanks

What kind of recording setup are you using?  I think it would be better if the keyboard was recorded to a stereo track and vocal/melody to a separate track.  Any good DAW software could handle that and mixdown the final song to stereo, or mono.  The X3000/5000 can pan things, but it is a long process to pan the entire accompaniment section and save it that way.  I would look for other alternatives.

19 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

What kind of recording setup are you using?  I think it would be better if the keyboard was recorded to a stereo track and vocal to a separate mono track.  Any good DAW software could handle that and mixdown the final song to stereo, or mono.  The X3000/5000 can pan things, but it is a long process to pan the entire accompaniment section and save it that way.  I would look for other alternatives.

AudioBox USB 96 as my Audio Interface

Reaper as my DAW

Yes, for recording, u mean   my Rythm in Stereo fro Track 1 and the Melody (Vocal), Mono in Track 2, Right ?

Yes, any DAW could adjust/mix final song to Stereo...but wanted to avoid that, so its all done from Casio, so in my DAW i wouldnt do any complex procedures...

Yes, i understand that within Casio it's tough and not really worthy !

Nevertheless, if u find some alternatives, just let me know !

Thanks  

20 minutes ago, RogerBannister said:

The USB interface is MIDI only, not audio.  You'd have to plug the audio output from the Casio in to your audio interface if you want audio to go to the PC.

yes, i already plugged 2x 1/8 Audio Jacks  (R & L) between Casio and Audio Interface ! 

Ok, this is Audio which goes to PC , but how do u know if its Mono or Stereo ?

On the other hand, i do have a "Printer Cable / USB" that can be connected from Casio (on USB to Host) to Computer,
But what does this cable diffuse ? Midi/Audio or Mono/Stereo ? 

13 hours ago, FlashyEagle8 said:

yes, i already plugged 2x 1/8 Audio Jacks  (R & L) between Casio and Audio Interface ! 

Ok, this is Audio which goes to PC , but how do u know if its Mono or Stereo ?

I imagine you'll be able to have those two channels as a stereo in on your DAW, 1 left channel and 1 right.

13 hours ago, FlashyEagle8 said:

On the other hand, i do have a "Printer Cable / USB" that can be connected from Casio (on USB to Host) to Computer,

But what does this cable diffuse ? Midi/Audio or Mono/Stereo ? 

See my previous reply...

14 hours ago, RogerBannister said:

The USB interface is MIDI only, not audio.  You'd have to plug the audio output from the Casio in to your audio interface if you want audio to go to the PC.