Video Files on Forum ×

Sliding the keys with Guitar instrument on Casio, gives some piano sound...

As a former Keyboard-player, i tend to slide or roll all keys between Upper and Lower Octave with a Grand Piano Keyboard and i tried to do the same on the CASIO CTX 5000, by selecting any Guitar (or by layered with Strings) and awkwardly hear some slight piano sound instead of Guitar...
it does that when i slide fast the keys, but when i hit slowly the keys it disappears... 

So just wandering if you got that problem when using the Guitar instrument and rolling/sliding the keys, to find out if i aint the only one facing that issue, or is it just who hear a "piano sound" when its actually the real Guitar's sound that needs some pitchin effect over it ?  

However, if anybody can help me with this issue, it be nice, so i wont doubt my awesome Casio, and from your help i'd get the solution !

So far, im will to slide/roll the chords from Lower to Upper Octaves (or vice-versa), like does Eric Clapton or Carlos Santana when playing some Refrein and making their guitars cries, usually at Upper octave and pitching the strings...

so i was wandering how to do like them !

Need help,

Thanks !

3 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

Can you post an audio clip?  

Oof, i cant do that now coz Im at work and my keyboard is at home.

However, i can try record a short "clip" as an Wav file, but i dont know how to attach files over here, tho !

on meantime, i just saw right now, on "Other media", i might enclose my file from that.

Oh, i just saw the "Trombone", right below the message window.

and yes, thats the place to go for attaching files ! alright !
So far, i know what to do, now ! ;)

ok, as i said, i'll do that clip and post it in here ("Trombone"drag files over here)

just let u know !

cheers

• 2 months later...

For the guitar sound for sliding, i re-listened many times, and tried with other instruments, they all slided exactly with instrument's tone. So for my guitar, the sliding was really from Guitar and not the "standard" piano.

So everything is good.

Its just that i had this weird perception from guitar, when it was really one.