Video Files on Forum ×

Casio CT-S1 Just released

Jokeyman123

This is a link directly to Casio's website, just got this annnouncement in my email! Still waiting for the CT-S400 though. Only 200.00 for this one. Looks very tempting....

https://www.casiomusicgear.com/products/casiotone-series/ct-s1?utm_campaign=EMI Casiotone CT-S1 - June 1st 2021&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Klaviyo&_ke=eyJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIlVHWVNudCIsICJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJqZGJyaWNlQHB0ZC5uZXQifQ%3D%3D#1

Oops sorry typo on price its 199.99. 

• Like 1

Saw the email from Casio, but waiting for the one from Sweetwater. Pre-ordered  white, almost switched to red last week. But I think the white will look as elegant as the sound. It’ll be interesting to see which I get first, the white CT-S1 or the CT-S400 (starting to show up overseas). Glad I’ve got the Privia to keep me busy!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Received my white CT-S1 today from Sweetwater and I’m just blown away. Everything about it sounds, feels, and looks premium. Despite the size, it still feels lightweight and is very portable (impressive output on 6 batteries). The sound is indeed extraordinary, especially with Surround on, and the Advanced Layer Tones are just **chef’s kiss**. The VL-Tone selection is a blast, my wife heard it and grabbed it from me immediately (she had one as a kid, I never did). 

This really exceeded my expectations, and I was worried that I’d overhyped myself. The design is so elegant and the selection of the 60+ tones was inspired. Many of these tones rival the best synths and keyboards in my collection.

Big, big compliments to everyone at Casio involved in this. It is as inspiring as the original Casiotones of the 80s were at the time, and I felt like a kid again out in the yard with it today. 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

I just ordered a red one yesterday. :D I guess I got carried away watching videos about the CT-S1 on youtube. Namely, the sounds of VL and VZ (and CZ) got my interest. The rendition of the Standart Grand Piano sampling on this keyboard also appears fulfilling. And It is a "cute" little keyboard. :)

However, I had to cancel it. 😐...

But it is ok. I can wait. Plus, I already own two much more advanced Casio instruments he he. 😜

I am leaning towards the CT-S400, but it still is only available as a "pre-order" with the major music vendors. Seems a little more full-featured for how I like to play and arrange compositions. Looks like 229.00 retail so far. A CTX-3000 goes for around 300.00 so its a close call. I think these new CT's might have a better key action though, I haven't tried either so can't say, just going by descriptions.

I like to dream but I also like to talk about facts so I collected some "hard" information on the CT-S1:

In addition, I looked at a couple of review-videos on the CT-S1. Some of those reviewers, I noticed, recorded the sound output from the keyboard using cable connected to the  PHONES/OUTPUT jack in their videos. But this keyboard has built-in speakers and I wanted to hear how they perform.

Here's one video reviewer that does the latter:

YOUTUBE: Casio CT-S1 hands-on with David Bryce (video starting at 6:53)

Jay 🎹

So, hopefully the CT-S1 I ordered (after canceling the first one I ordered 🙄) will come today, along with the blue tooth adaptor and a free (!!!) pedal. :D

In addition, I have ordered a Stereo Audio Cable: 3,5mm male to 2x6,53mm male for the purpose of connecting the CT-S1 to my audio interface.

And yes, I ordered the red one - the BEAST ;)

Jay 🎹

• Like 2