Video Files on Forum ×

Any news on upcoming piano releases ?

Have you looked at the PX-S1000 or PX-S3000? Those are newer than the PX-560 and have some impressive improvements to the sounds, especially the pianos. They are also smaller while still being 88 weighted keys. It depends on what you want to do with the instrument, of course. While both of these models are Privia, they aren't marketed as "Pro" like the PX-560 or PX-5S though they have things like 1/4" outs.

Again, it depends on what you want to do with the instrument, which I haven't seen you specify. I would not describe the PX-S models as "worse" in any way vs. the PX-560. Each has features the other doesn't. If you haven't tried the action on those, you can't say there are issues. Many many players are very happy with them.

• Like 1

i need exactly what PX560 has cant really see anything the PXs has over it that will have a effect in my work , i need a fully featured arranger with piano action , i play piano for my own personal use ( and midi ) and arranger functions for my band and there is a issue aint there ? saw a youtuber testing out the weights and the black keys have a different weights compared to the black ones  probably wont feel it but its something that can effect the playing maths is never wrong ( saying as engineer , even if i cant see it or feel it , if the issue can be measured its there ) the px560 is still the flagship for some reason right ? the only real competition for me is the yamaha dgx 670 mostly because i have had yamaha kayboards before roland fp30x doesnt cut it for me i am not some who wants to fiddle with mobile apps and doesnt have the arranger functions at all

That video with the weights was crap. There's so much more to a piano action than static weight on the keys. It's a dynamic system. I know if you studied engineering they teach you statics and dynamics, right? ;) 

No, I don't think even the PX-S3000 is a "fully featured arranger." So you're right that the PX-560 would probably be a better choice for you in that regard.

but a regular upright aint built with dynamic weights right . and being smaller isnt a plus for me in anyway for me so any kind of compromise that was made to make to small aint really worth it . though i will probably go in the store and try a range of pianos i might even go for cabinet style digital if i feel like. someone in another thread said casio said that they will be upgrading some of the lines so i am waiting for it right now. hope theres something that replaces the px560 even if its like just a teaser we are working on this piano or something like that would be enough for me to hold for now, and as far actions goes the roland does a phenomenal job one of my friends got the fp90 ( i guess might be 60 ) and that feels incredible dont really have any hands on idea about casio actions