Video Files on Forum ×

L/R inputs External Speakers

Dear community,

yesterday my internal right speaker died, the cables internal black and red in the internal speaker the soldering was not quite good and got disconnected. 

I am no solder myself and I am unable to repair this due to not have transportation. Now my question is If I buy a 1/4 mono plugs to 2 RCA cable to the L/R inputs on the back should the both external speakers work individually or it will still work 1 speaker since the internal speaker on the Casio is loose? 

This is a very important question, due to maybe I am able to fix this issue momentary and appreciate any response to help me out on this.

Thank you all! 

Thank you for the reply @Brad Saucier I just ordered a cable and now is too late. At least I can try and see.

I was able to connect it via USB midi and now I have audio via 2 speakers, so at least is that now In another topic is: is there a way to transmit the Casio WK 6500 assign different sound instrument via channels?

Like channel 1 Piano, Channel 2 organ and then switch seamlessly between sounds? 

Thank you! 

Selecting from GM tones on the keyboard will transmit standard GM patch change messages.  You can use registrations to store various tone setups for switching on the fly.  It will be up to whatever you are controlling, if it can patch change seamlessly or not.  The Casio can only transmit keyboard keys on more than 1 channel when split or layer is enabled.  

perfect, just arrived my cable and I tested and it worked!! the sound is coming from both speakers.

The issue is that the Casio left only speaker is still throwing sound. Is there a way I can silence the internal speaker of the Casio and have only the speakers to work? 

Thank you! 

52 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

I don't think I completely understand your setup.  Are you using your keyboard solely as a MIDI controller now?  Can you simply plug a socket into the headphone jack to disable the speakers?

So basically I was using Midi USB, yesterday Arrive the cable for the R/L inputs and I tested some external speakers and both L/R worked...but the problem Is that I control everything from the volume wheel on the Casio.

The internal only working left speaker of the Casio Is making sound so I have the two speakers working + the one speaker in the casio when I press of a key, my question will be how can I mute the sound from the internal Casio speakers and have the external speakers working with the cable L/R? 

Thanks hope it clarifies a bit.

39 minutes ago, Brad Saucier said:

A plug inserted in the headphone jack should disconnect the internal speakers.

You are the man! I did that and now I have the keyboard fix thanks to you.

I was down because I did not know if it will work both speakers , but now I am over the moon.

thanks again.

• Like 1