Video Files on Forum ×

Adding Additional Accompaniment Rhythms to PX-560

ssmaynard29

Hello. Can anyone advise whether or not you can add additional Rhythm accompaniments to the PX-560?  For example, downloading from

a third party source to a flash drive and plugging it into the PX-560.  With Yamaha PSR's you can download style files to a flash drive then

plug it into the keyboard and choose the file and play.  If it is possible, can anyone explain how this is achieved on the PX-560...ie. tutorials..etc.

Thank you.

That is definitely possible.  PX-560 can load AC7 format rhythm files into user memory.  Check out your PX-560 user guide for details how to use a USB flash drive to load new rhythms, section titled USB flash drive.  If you stumble on any issues, let us know here.  We'll help you get through it.  

We have a section on this site for the community to share rhythms.  Check it out.  https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/category/68-rhythms/

PX-560 PDF Manual found at the following link.  USB flash drive starts on page 83.   https://support.casio.com/storage/en/manual/pdf/EN/008/Web_PX560-ES-1B_EN.pdf

• Like 2

I have posted several advanced rock, funk/fusion style rhythms I created specifically for my PX560 you might want to audition. These are in the PX560 user files section, not in the rhythm section as Brad posted above so you will have plenty to audition. Here:

https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/files/category/42-privia-px-560/

Might be a bit more complex than what you are looking for-I did these primarily for my own jazz/rock playing style-and are in ckf format-which will play correctly with your PX560-I designed these specifically for my 560, and to show off what this instrument can do when given some pretty demanding rhythm styles. Just look for Jokeyman's ckf files. I also uploaded an midi arrangement of the Brecker Brothers playing "Heavy Changes" again to show off what the 560 can sound like when pushed! This file was actually transcribed from the original-before Michael passed away-a truly gifted virtuoso on the sax-played here on the Casio PX560. It is not a rhythm file though is the entire composition easily performed on the 560-no dropped notes, skips or other glitches. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

No, the 560 cannot create a new rhythm accompaniment from "scratch" like some of the other Casios-I think the CTX 3 and 5000 can do this, as could the MZ-X500. I cannot directly answer your question in a simple way. Look up chandler's complete and thorouh doc posted here about how to create rhythms from a computer-it is a summary and compilation of exactly how to do this, and how I did this. I had to midi record patterns i created in software DAW's-including intros, variations, endings-placed in the correct midi channels designated by the PX560 for auto accompaniments-then place "markers" in the software midi file to designate the exact length of each and so the Casio would recognize that "loop" for each part. Then I had to save these to a .ckf Casio rhythm file using software designed to do that-again posted here in my posts-and then simply copy that file into a thumb drive for play on the 560. I also had to make some octave adjustments as these files did not always fall into the proper octave-mostly the bass parts came out an octave too low, probably just a miscalculation on my part-but some I recorded from other manufacturer's auto-accompaniments for use with their other keyboards, so the assignments for octaves did not always match. Rather not get into the details-look at this post already, and i haven't come close to describing what needs to be done! All the details are already here though, if you can look up the various existing posts as to how to do this. what's nice too, is that if you find a complete smf file-a complete song, once you know how to do this, you can literally chop a section or sections of this file, and use as auto-accompaniment patterns-sort of similar to 'chopping" samples or creating "loops" as has so often been done now with dance, hip-hop-techno etc. if you are willing to put in the work, you can make the 560 behave like a "looping" beat-box, like my RM1X or MC-505 or many of the newer  Akai MPC's-except without the sampling features of the MPC series. Hmm...I haven't done much of this since my initial work, you've go me thinking-maybe its time for some more!

• Thanks 1