Video Files on Forum ×

Anything you wished you knew when you started ?

dark1409

Just bought a px560 will be here with he by the end of the week with all the accessories and the cabinet is there anything that i should know before i start ? or for the setup process ? and one more thing is it really necessary to use the butterfly screws to secure the piano to the stand ?if take care of it IE not knocking it down as i might need to take it of once a week 

Look through all our posts about the PX560-there is a huge bunch of info-my posts have a few-this is so easy to work with-I'm sure within a few minutes you will know many of the functions-its the easiest piano/workstation (I know its not a workstation but I feel like it is to me, and I have several "workstations" to compare) and it is not so overly lightweight that it will easily fall off your stand-I don't keep mine attached and it is certainly stable enough., and I like to hit pretty hard for piano and organ playing. There really is nothing to set up-except adding a sustain pedal or the 3-pedal Casio unit-this takes an expression pedal if you need to use one-and is programmable for advanced functions you might want to use. You might have to experiment around with different headphones to see which sounds best for this if you intend to do much work with headphones-although I have AKG professional monitoring headsets  which sound very neutral or flat-and have a few others-there can be quite a bit of variation in how headphones respond to a digital piano including this one. I have an inexpensive bunch of Superlux and Samson headphones, (very similar to each other) and these sound wonderful with the PX560 other than that-just play around with it-there isn''t much you can do to mess it up, as long as you use the Casio power supply. I also made a small protective cover for the touchscreen-to prevent dropping something on it when not playing. It doesn't seem to be to easy to break-but just in case. And whatever you can't find in the manual-you will find right here.

Congratulations on your new PX560!  I really enjoy mine which I've had for 4 years and it never disappoints.  Not sure if a gravity fit without the wing nuts attached is substantial enough to secure the keyboard on the furniture stand.  Be careful.  The furniture stand, being particle board  isn't meant to be as convenient for quick mounting/unmounting as a metal scissor type keyboard stand would be.  Also, be make sure to unplug the pedal input on the underside of the keyboard from the pedal board SP-33 when moving.  Be sure to attach the metal support/stiffener bar that runs the length of the keyboard along the bottom front as instructed.  The bar is necessary regardless of the type of stand.  

1. I would first update the firmware ASAP if your unit doesn't have latest V1.16  https://support.casio.com/en/support/download.php?cid=008&pid=2630.  Check your firmware version in the settings menu (page 2) Information area.  The update is NOT necessarily functional critical, but easier to do before you start customizing other settings.
  2. If you're used to Yamaha type strings that pedal fade you'll need to to this:  https://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/14068-strings-pedal-fade-like-yamaha-keyboards/&tab=comments#comment-41915
  3. I turned Auto Power Off in the settings menu to "on" to prevent the keyboard from automatically turning off to save power (annoying).  Page EN-8 in the manual.
  4. Set Auto Resume to "off".  This will allow the keyboard to save any custom settings at power up from the default.  Page EN-75
  5. Make sure your USB thumb drive (if you use one) has the folder "MUSICDAT".  Page EN-84

Hope this helps you and have Fun!

Edited by Tsquare
  • Like 1