Video Files on Forum ×

is it possible to have my own styles ?

dark1409

First question-

You cannot loop individual tracks in the song recorder independently as some workstations and software can. You must loop an entire arrangement together which is easy enough. Just set your "A" and "B" points-make usre you set your end loop point to exactly the right number of 'ticks" or the transition will not be smooth. I will often loop 16/32/64 measures with a few tacks to improvise over-but the loop settings will not be saved with the song recorder-are only temporary. will revert back to no loop points if you change to a different song. Second question-

You can change a few "parts" of an existng rhythm-mute tracks, change volume levels, tones used for each part-but as far as creating a user custom rhythm from 'scratch", no as can a few other Casios. Take a look in the user uploads for the 560-i have a bunch of .ckf rhythm accompaniments I've created that will load and play in the 560-I designed these using software-and other accompaniment tracks I "borrowed" from older auto-arranger modules I have.  There are ahuge number of posts and software links here as to how to do that-myself, Chandler oher here did alot of work trying to suss out how original arranger styles can be converted or created-but with keys like the PX560-you must use software and know your way around how to create a midi file-which ends up being the basis for your new arranger rhythm-in a sense I think of an arranger rhythm as just a different way of creating a loop-since an original rhythm can consist of whatever you want to put in it.

Without getting into details (or with)-as the posts are here already-you'll have to look around a bit, if i can find the threads before you do, I'll post the links here and-the 560 will revert to the GM soundset for tones when creating an arranger rhythm, although you can embed bank and program changes into your tracks for each tone-or change those in the 560 once you have imported, and re-save-I had to do that with a few to get the right tones as the CKF converter did not always match up-especially when I used arrangements from other keyboards-Roland and Yamaha. 

Basically-you record each track individually with software first, create a midi file. Then, you have to create "marks" in between each section you want to create for the basic pattern, its variation and the fill-ins/endings/intro you want. Quick example-I need a 4-bar basic pattern, a 4-bar variation an ending of 8 bars and 2 different variations of 1 bar each-for a total of 18 bars. i  make one continuous track of 18 bars-creating whatever i want in each section-then I place marks in between to set the length of each section. Then I save this-and use the Casio CKF converter software-which will (somewhat) recognize where the marks are-or I recall you can set the marks in the CKF converter, been awhile I'd have to review this myself-and make sure you added program change messages at the beginning of each track so hopefully the convertor will use the tones you selected for playing in the PX560 correctly.

Sounds complicated, and it is a bit-but once you can hack out 1-2-the process is actually pretty easy-unlike the newer arrangers the PX only has provision for 2 fills and 2 patterns plus the intro and ending-but this is why the older .CKF converter will work with it-it can only convert this number of fills and tracks anyway. I use the version of CKF converter which is actually a part of the IDES 4.0 software-i discovered this because I use the 4.0 IDES for an older Casio 575. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1