Video Files on Forum ×

Saving Knob Settings

SLOTS

Hello, new owner (though I've been playing it for a month).

Originally I had a Roland Juno-G, which had 5 knobs with multiple layers of function. With this new Casio, I see there are 3 programmable knobs, which I know how to edit... But not to save.

I believe I have to do something with the Menu Registry, which I have fiddled with - but no matter what I try to do all of my settings are lost whenever I restart my keyboard.

So, would someone be able to walk me through in simple terms a step-by-step instruction on what I am meant to do, please?

I've read through a bunch of this forum and see good responses to other knob related things. There is a lot of other good material to read through, though a lot of it does go over my head.

Any help will be appreciated.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new PX-560!

Knob configurations are saved along with most other keyboard settings by storing your setup as a registration.  You can also go into system settings and turn on auto resume to restore previous settings after powering off, such as which registration you were using.  

I know that I save settings in the Registration, which I have been trying to do, but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Is there someone that could walk me through step-by-step which buttons to press?

I would appreciate it.

On 8/20/2021 at 9:42 PM, SLOTS said:

I know that I save settings in the Registration, which I have been trying to do, but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

Is there someone that could walk me through step-by-step which buttons to press?

I would appreciate it.

If for example you click on K1, change it to something else, and save a registration, when loading another registration and then the new one you should see the K1 assignment change on screen. And it should stay after turning it back on if you enable auto resume.

Here you have a tutorial:

Edited by AndrewL
  • Like 1