Video Files on Forum ×

A webMIDI master keyboard editor - MidiStage w/ PX-S1000 custom voices

Reg MidiStage

Dear Casio owners,

Hope you are well.

I have developed a WebMIDI master keyboard editor that can enable any home keyboard that have MIDI port, to stack more voices than the factory default. I called it MidiStage.

In this occassion, I created a custom voices dropdown for Casio PX-S1000. It should be able to change sound bank.

As I only have an old PX-100, I need some volunteers of PX-S1000 owners to test MidiStage. Just simply connect your PX-S1000 to a computer/mobile devices (via USB cable) and open any webMIDI compatible browser e.g. Chrome/Opera/Edge, go to a PX-S1000 unique link below:

https://midistage.com/?configUrl=demo/casio-pxs1000.json

I attached a recording sample 'px100-test.mp3' and few screenshots for you. 

I am really keen hearing your experience or any feedback.

Many thanks,
Reg

p.s I have stacked 5 voices of my 18 years old Casio PX-100. It sounded very dynamic as it generates voices based on my key range and velocity configuration. It was very enjoyable to play without pressing any voice buttons.

Desktop-pxs1000.pngiOS.jpgmy-px100.jpg

px100-test.mp3

Edited by regseng
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• Reg MidiStage changed the title to A webMIDI master keyboard editor - MidiStage w/ PX-S1000 custom voices

Wow! I will test this out-I don't have the specific Casios you designed this for-but can test it on my PX560, PX350.  I would imagine since you designed this as a feature for keyboards that can not layer voices like this, it will certainly work on ones that can.

This looks to be one of the most innovative pieces of software I've seen for the Casios. I'll bet you get quite a positive response. This looks really outstanding. I wish I had your programming and design abilities. Love the fact that you designed this to be able to set key ranges. I wonder-what will happen-if i select a drumkit for one of the layers or key ranges? I think  the PX-S1000 does not have a drum track but could your program open up an entirely different way to quickly develop a multi-track composition or loop? In other words-this can layer sounds-but will it also respond to individual notes or melodies on separate midi channels? If i can drive your software (it has a midi input) with a midi sequencer software or hardware-this would be fantastic, would open up immense possibilities for. playing/creating midi files  and from my point of view, many others.  for example-my PX350 has a 17 track sequencer/song recorder-but it is very fiddly setting up individual channels to record and play-I am wondering what I will be able to do with this software- I will try it. 

1-2 questions-json-this is Java? And....will you debvelop a 'free-standing" version? I fitred it up already with Brave's browser, a version of Chrome, not sure if this is midi enabled but I'll try it. i also have Java installed on several machines-i use a few other music programs designed with java.

Edited by Jokeyman123

2 hours ago, Jokeyman123 said:

PX350

Hi @Jokeyman123, I gathered few custom voices for your PX-350 -

Please try it out and let me know your feedback: https://midistage.com/?configUrl=demo/casio-px350.json

It takes time to manually enter the data from the manual. Here is the Google sheet for PX-350 I created for you, you may modify it when you are free. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10R0qUeXadU1pD9z8Kbh7EIKqSCwtPXrOwbN8WK7T04k/edit?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, Jokeyman123 said:

is Java

No, It is using a javascript.

1 hour ago, Jokeyman123 said:

will you debvelop a 'free-standing" version?

No. I won't. Web version is working for me.

Edited by regseng

8 hours ago, Casio Key said:

Will it be compatible with the CT-X5000?

Hi @Casio Key, for most common CC# like volume, expression, hold pedal, and pitchbend, it should be compatible.

As bank select is hardware specific, I will need to add a custom voices data of your Casio CT-X5000. I will need an extra hand to populate the voices list from the manual. I have created a specific Google sheet template for you:

Casio CT-X5000 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1knk1gYMBeY4HVofcpnBScqBq0WugtOEIxJfVU_lj4ks/edit?usp=sharing

Once it is ready, I will add it to MidiStage.

Regards,

Reg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, regseng said:

Hi @Casio Key, for most common CC# like volume, expression, hold pedal, and pitchbend, it should be compatible.

As bank select is hardware specific, I will need to add a custom voices data of your Casio CT-X5000. I will need an extra hand to populate the voices list from the manual. I have created a specific Google sheet template for you:

Casio CT-X5000 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1knk1gYMBeY4HVofcpnBScqBq0WugtOEIxJfVU_lj4ks/edit?usp=sharing

Once it is ready, I will add it to MidiStage.

Regards,

Reg

Spreadsheet versions of the CT-X5000 voice banks already exist, should be easily adaptable to your needs:

CT-X5000 tone.csv

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Casio Key said:

I was able to split the CT-X5000 into multiple parts and add multiple layers. Worked perfectly.

Thank you very much, @regseng and @Chandler Holloway!

You are very welcome. It really made my day...! 😅

Would you please share your MidiStage preset file? I can add it to the CT-X5000 demo file for others.

Edited by regseng

2 hours ago, kybdsammer said:

CT-S1

Hi @kybdsammer, CT-S1 custom voices are on the list. 
Just added Fine tuning, octave and transpose in global & per channel last night.
Share me your experience with MidiStage...

ct-s1.png

10/2/21 Kybdsammer notes:
Name comments based on information from CT-S1 User Guide

• Names with underscore in front mean they are keyboard front panel selectable sounds
  • *3 and *4 at end of name means DSP Tone and Advanced layer Tone respectively
Edited by regseng
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Reg MidiStage

I just sent you the file for the Casio PX-S3000.  If you have time to add that would be great.

By the way, I used MidiStage with my iPad and CT-S1 the other day for a small group worship time and was able to create layered presets for each song (some with four sounds at once including a mix of CT-S1 and GM sounds, some with keyboard splits, and one for keyboard drums).  I just set up the presets and pressed the desired preset for each song.  Thank you again for creating this and sharing it with us.

Edited by kybdsammer

On 10/13/2021 at 3:30 PM, kybdsammer said:

Casio PX-S3000

Hi @kybdsammer, I have added the Casio PX-S3000 custom voices - here is the custom link: https://midistage.com/?customVoices=Casio PX-S3000

Additionally, I have added a new Song mode. It is a MIDI player that can trigger custom voices. Note that the speaker icon is only for previewing purposes. Let me know if this feature is useful.

This is an amazing testimony of using MidiStage in a real live worship application. ❤️ 👌  It's made my day!

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 4.13.43 pm.png

Edited by regseng
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/14/2022 at 1:34 PM, Reg MidiStage said:

Hi @d. gauss I have increased the button size for iPad.

Hi @vbdx66 I have added CT-X800.
Regards,
Reg

Great, thanks!

I have no laptop at the moment and since I am on a budget my current options for buying a laptop are either a new Chromebook with touchscreen or an old MacBook Pro. Will Reg Midistage work on a Chromebook since the app is Web based?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @Reg MidiStagethanks for helping. Eventually I returned the Acer Chromebook because it had a very sparse storage and no micro SD slot to extend it. I am currently looking for a more suitable model (at least 128 Go of internal storage and/or a micro SD slot).

I suppose that your software should indeed work flawlessly under Chrome OS, since the default web browser on a Chromebook, of course, is Chrome, and it is fairly standard.

Unfortunately I had to put all my geeky projects aside since  I have been stuck at home for three weeks because of a swollen knee. I was able to go outside yesterday for the first time. I can’t walk for long yet and the stairs are a hassle. I guess it’ll improve in the forthcoming days/weeks.

I hope that you’re in a better shape than me and I wish you a nice weekend 🤗

Vinciane

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...