Video Files on Forum ×

Playing WAV files from USB is not working

Nick W
Go to solution Solved by Tsquare,

I want to play wav files created on my PC through the Audio Recorder USB stick. The Privia won't play them/ doesn't like them. Is there a particular format or spec for wavfiles to play through Audio Recorder? I've also tried playing audio files through the Audio Line In, hoping the record them onto the Flash Drive but that doesn't work either! Any advice?

• Solution

Steps you can take:

1. Make sure your .WAV files are 16 bit and placed in the MUSICDAT folder on the USB stick.  If your wav file isn't 16 bit you can load your audio file into Audacity and export as 16 bit if necessary.
  2. Use the 3.5mm audio in on the back of PX560.  Use a 3.5mm male to male to connect to your PC/audio device.  This has the added benefit of having a separate audio volume controller on the back of the PX560.  If you can't hear your audio file, make sure this rear volume knob is turned up. 

I have my PX560 connected to my PC 3.5mm green audio output jack from the motherboard to a 1/4" left & right splitter for the (2) mono Line In (L, R) on the PX560.  I use the PX560 as PC speakers (borrowing the keyboard is turned on) no problem.

Hope this helps and Good Luck.

Edited by Tsquare
  • Like 1

In addition to what Tsquare said, you can record anything with the keyboard and then compare the format details between your files to see what's different (if the issue wasn't due to file placement). The format must be PCM 44100Hz stereo 16 bits 1411kbps.

Also I don't know if the wav would work if the file name is too long though.

On 9/27/2021 at 9:06 AM, Nick W said:

I've also tried playing audio files through the Audio Line In, hoping the record them onto the Flash Drive but that doesn't work either!

About this, Audio In cannot be recorded, it goes directly to the speakers without any process besides the volume on the back. You need to use Line In to record. You can see this clearly in page A-6 of the manual, at the very end.

Edited by AndrewL
Added wav format details.
  • Like 1

• Brad Saucier changed the title to Playing WAV files from USB is not working