Video Files on Forum ×

CTS-1 layered sound with pedal issue

Piano Tone
Go to solution Solved by kybdsammer,

Noticed a frustrating issue with my CTS-1 today.  If you are holding the pedal down while using a layered sound and you play something else, the main sound works but the layered sound does not - it continues sounding the prior notes.  

For example, layer piano over strings, play a C major chord and hold down the sustain pedal - then play a C2 or 4 or whatever - the piano plays it but the strings keep sounding the C major.  

:(

I am not sure I understand.  The main sound and layered sound will continue to sustain while the pedal is depressed.  Any new notes played while the pedal is pressed will add new notes, will previous sustained notes continue to sound until polyphony limit is reached.  I layered piano and strings on mine and it works as expected.  Perhaps post a video or audio clip to help demonstrate.

The issue is new notes played while the pedal is pressed do not sound on the strings - only on the piano.  Here is a quick video showing the issue on the CTS-1, followed by a video on my Yamaha P-125 where you can hear the strings do sound new notes.

Edited by Piano Tone
Adding video

• Solution

@Piano Tone: It is a little tough to hear the layered voice from your video, but I think the note is actually sounding.  I tested on mine and seems to be working as expected.  I boosted the layered string sound compared to the piano main sound and played the A note over and over, and I can hear the strings over piano with sustain pedal depressed.

Edited by kybdsammer
  • Like 1

Thanks to both of you for helping out!  kyb I did exactly what you did (great idea btw to play the first chord softly so I can hear the changes better) but it didn’t work for me.  So I did the “have you tried turning it off and on again” solution, and did the factory reset and voila everything is suddenly fine.  No idea what could have caused that, but it seems to be ok now. 

Thanks again!