Video Files on Forum ×

Password to download files from Music Library? What password?

Bohemian
Go to solution Solved by Brad Saucier,

I have a GP-300 and for the first time I'm trying to download files from the music library. So I downloaded the file from the music library, and now I'm required to enter a password. What password? I don't see anything related to this in the manual or within the online info. Can anybody help?

6 hours ago, Brad Saucier said:

Solved on Facebook.  The answer, files from Casio support website which are password protected have instructions on the download page for how to find the password.  The password is basically the name of a button on the keyboard, as indicated on the download page. 

Thanks. I got the password issue resolved.

However, I'm still stuck! I got the LSN and PLY files into a CP directory (after following the directions on page EN-50) and uploaded them into my flash drive but I can't play them on the piano so that I can utilize the concert play feature. When I insert the flash drive into the piano, the flash drive display reads "No file."

Edited by Bohemian

Following instructions on page EN-37 of the manual, the process to record gets stuck at REC WAIT ..  After 10 minutes without progressing, I have to assume that something isn't right. As a reminder, I attempted formatting the 32 GB flash drive yesterday and went through the formatting process again today, but both times never received the "Complete" message on the piano's display. However, when I removed the flash drive and inserted into my laptop, I did have a CP folder and a DATA folder.  Please advise.

Yes, I tried that. After seeing the display with "REC WAIT ..." for several minutes, and then pressing > , the display reads, "Mounting Media" and then returns to "REC WAIT ..." and nothing else occurs in the display and the REC button continues to flash. I then give up and press the exit button and pull the flash drive out of the piano.

I was able to record myself on the piano and playback on my laptop using the flash drive. However, I wasn't able to get the piano to recognize the file I downloaded from the Casio music library and thus unable to load the file that I placed in the flash drive's CP folder. This is the message displayed on the piano after pressing ENTER to LOAD file: ERROR ... NO FILE ... PRESS EXIT

Edited by Bohemian

Yeah, I did that and got the result.

When I renamed the files, renaming the extensions LSN and PLY as WAV while on my laptop, the WAV version will play a listening version with piano and a play version without piano. So that tells me the downloads are good, The next step was to download the files again from Casio's Music Library and going through the process of placing the LSN and PLY versions on my flash drive. But when it comes down to the piano recognizing the files that would allow me to play along using with the music, I cannot. The display reads REC WAIT and when pressing > I get the "NO FILE" display. I've gone through this twice. 

As noted previously, when I inserted the flash drive into the piano's port and recorded a short piece, I was successful in recording and playback of the recording back on my laptop. 

Edited by Bohemian

I follow the instructions in the manual  page EN-52 "Loading USB Flash Drive Data into Digital Piano Memory"

1. Insert the USB flash drive into the Digital Piano's USB flash drive port.

2. Press the SETTING button.

3. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select "USB FLASH" and then press ENTER BUTTON.

4. USE the up/down arrow buttons to select "Load" and then press the ENTER button.

5. Use the up/down arrow buttons to select a USB flash drive data number.

However, I never get to step 5.

Instead, after following step 3, the display reads,  "Mounting Media" 

which takes me directly to step 4 in which the display reads, Load.

When I press ENTER after Load appears, the display reads, ERROR  No file ... Press Exit. 

I try pressing up/down and left/right arrows but nothing else displays. This is where it all ends.

Edited by Bohemian

Yes. That worked. Thank you! However, is there a way to control the volume of the playback separately from what I play on the piano? The volume of the concert play overwhelms what I perform on the piano. I would like the concert play to be more in the background and my piano performance more in the foreground.

I wish Casio had some instructional videos on how to achieve common "hidden" features, such as how to adjust concert play volume. Too often the instructions force you to navigate by flipping forward and back to pages several times just to determine how to achieve a single feature, and then when you finally think you get there, you're hearing the Listening version and not the Play-along version without obvious instructions on how to toggle to Play-along version, which is the desired outcome.

Edited by Bohemian