Video Files on Forum ×

Cz-5000 battery compartment cover

johanenglund

Hello

I just bought a CZ-5000 but the battery compartment cover is missing. Also the spring that holds one of the batteries is broken so I need a new compartment. Two batteries still allows the memory to work but the sequencer doesn't but I'm not sure it this related or not. Anyone know more about this and/or where I can find a new compartment? 

Thanks 

Johan 

I can't direct you to specific vendors, PM me and I will. or just search with Google or whatever you use for searches for Casio keyboard parts, and you might find a few. it is rather hit and miss, but for example-recently somebody on e***booy cannabalized a PX560 (ouch!) and was selling many of the parts. I bought the 3 control knob assembly for around 20.00 to have as a spare, as i had broken mine and repaired he circuit board, but when I saw these hard to get parts, I decided better to have a new part in case my repair doesn't hold up, so far so good. I have found several parts places that do sell older Casio parts. and battery covers-I don't know why so many people seem to lose these! almost impossible to find these, i have had several pieces of equipment i purchased for repair that were missing the battery compartment cover. If i knew how to fabricate them, I would do that. i did manage a crude cover for a Korg microKontrol with part of an aluminum electronics box, but-well it works and keeps the batteries in, I'll leave it at that!

• 1 month later...

Hi johanenglund! Sounds almost like my name! The battery compartment will NOT affect whether the sequencer works or not. What WILL affect it, is if old batteries inside had leaked and thus alkali or acid leaked onto the circuit board inside that is closest to the battery compartment which would be the memory board actually. So you need to open the CZ5K up, and check inside for obvious and not so obvious acid leaks, damage to traces on the bottom of the circuit boards,etc. The broken spring leads me to think battery acid corrosion so you may have a problem inside Houston! Take pictures of the area inside and post here to see what we can find and possibly help you with in terms of what direction to go. First determine that the inside is not damaged, then we can worry about a battery compartment or coin battery adaptation instead...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I once made a battery lid from sheet aluminum (cut with household scissor into shape - add adhesive tape inside to avoid shortcircuits among scratched batteries) and made various others cut out of plastic fridge boxes. Nowadays the proper method likely would be to replicate the battery cover on a 3D printer (perhaps someone already uploaded a 3D scan).

Edited by CYBERYOGI =CO=Windler