Video Files on Forum ×

PX-S1000 flashing display and then turns off

Natalie

My PX-S1000 has started doing weird things.  It started with the display lights constantly flashing annoying but I could just ignore them.   After one session of playing with the flashing display, I could not turn off the piano.  I tried several times and it kept turning back on so I ended up unplugging it.  Now the piano has started turning itself off while I am playing it (along with the flashing display).  The piano will turn on again but will again turn off a short time later all with the lights flashing.   I have checked the manual online and cannot see anything about flashing display lights.  I have done a factory reset and I have made sure the power supply is plugged in properly.  I don't think it is vibrartion related as the piano has turned off at 'quiet' parts of songs when I was being gentle!  If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful!

Thank you both, I have contacted the seller of the piano and they have contacted casio for me.  I will see if they have any ideas - bit gutted as I treated myself to lots of new music books only to have the piano refuse to work!  Honestly I am not that bad on the piano!  I will update.

Thank you both, I have contacted the seller of the piano and they have contacted casio for me.  I will see if they have any ideas - bit gutted as I treated myself to lots of new music books only to have the piano refuse to work!  Honestly I am not that bad on the piano!  I will update.

Small update - Casio will take the piano back but I have to pack it up - trust me to have thrown away the box!  I don't have boxes the size of a keyboard just lying around! This should be fun to arrange.