Video Files on Forum ×

Pad question - Phrase Tone and Part

woodman

Hi 
I have been digging into pads (thanks to Brad's encouragement) - and haev a few questions - and am hoping you can help me please :

1) If you go into the Pad->Setting menu - what is the meaning of :
a) Phrase Tone enable

b) If you click on "Part" in the submenu - it takes you to a new screen showing : B-09, A-01, A-02 and so on - what are these things ?: I see that they are layers that can be turned on/off when you play that pad - but how does one :

i) See all the layers (MIDI ?) of the preset pads ?

ii) I was able to record my own "phrases" - but I did not see any means on controlling which layer it should go to (they all went to A01 - I did not see any option to save in A-02....)

Sorry for the unending questions.

a) Phrase tone enable, allows the recorded phrase to recall the tone number which was used during recording.  

b) The MZ-X500 has what is essentially 3 different General MIDI sound modules inside.  Each one is 16 part multi-timbral.  They are addressed as "ports" A, B and C.  So A-01 is port A, part 1.  Each pad's output can be enabled/disabled for a number of different parts, those shown on the pad setting menu.  

Use the mixer to see the entire sound engine layout.  You'll see 48 parts broken down into 3 sections, A, B and C ports.  

Brad

First of all - Thank you !!

Second - How do you know all this ? Is this kind of info documented anywhere ?

Also - do you have a list indicating what each of the 48 parts represents ? - I saw a breakdown for the CTX arrangers - but not for this one

Thanks Brad.
Any chance you can point me to a list of what the 48 channels are ? (I figured out what 1-4 (upper1/2, lower 1/2) - can you please help me with the others found a list for the CTX series - but it does not go up to 48. I tried to figure it out via trial and error - but to no avail.